Best (or at least viable and fun) BA Bikers for new codex

awilden

Just thought I'd ask see what other peoples experiences were with the new codex and bikers?

I remember BA marine bikers weren't meant to be that good in the old codex? (i think the attack bike was the exception if i remember right?).

How do they perform with the new codex? also what about the Scout variation of bikers? I'm actually quite liking normal Scout squads (since initially being semi-forced to take more with no assault marines as troops). And they seem cheap and cheerful Fast Attack choice to take, with some nice options and whatnot.

What do you guys think would be a good choice for a single unit, probably not too big of a unit either (like one squad box, or an attack bike), what would give the best bang for your buck/point? 3x Marine Bikers, 3x Scout Bikers, or an Attack Bike? How have those options been performing for everyone?

Or is the Fast Attack slot best used with a different unit altogether? (I do have a fully decked out 10x Assault squad, but the Death Company seem to be a better choice to do the same role?).

3 bikers, 2 gravguns + MM attack bike.

Scout Bikers just fail to impress me. Yes they are a bit cheaper but their grenade launchers can't hold a candle to a grav gun, and by virtue of only having a 4+ armour save, they will have to Jink almost continuously to avoid being wiped off the board by the first heavy bolter who looks at them funny.

As to how good they are, I'd say pretty damn good. Not as good as WS bikers, of course, but very solid nonetheless. They synergise well with jumpers because they can provide them with cover as they move up the field and their graviton guns can Concuss MCs down to Init 1 before DC/SG/etc charge them, potentialy allowing them to take down said MC before it ever gets a chance to take a swing at them.

Archived