Devastator Loadout

Gaweda

After last game I see no reason to mount devastators in rhino, with the new rules forcing You to take Ld tests after each penetrating result it is very likely that they won't be firing. I think it's better to add a razorback for devs. For me LC + 3ML is the most versatile.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a well-balanced loadout .... I was thinking of 2 plasma cannons, 1 las cannon, and 1 heavy bolter.

Thoughts?

I want a dev squad that can shoot at armor, but also have some firepower to handle gaggles of infantry types too.

Personally Id go for a third plasma cannon instead of a heavy bolter.

The trouble with mixing anti-tank and anti-infantry weapons in one squad is that you will be wasting one category of weapon when you fire at the "wrong" target. 3 PCs and 1 LC is a pretty good mix able to threaten light vehicles, infantry and MCs. If you have some squads with melta weapons to target heavy vehicles at close range, then the Devs should be able to threaten pretty much anything else.

Get another box and do a 4-las squad and a 4-plas squad. thumbsup.gif

HB do look badass, but they unfortunately suck so much dry.png

Good idea. A 4 las and 4 plas is strong and it can handle variety .... that was my goal with this dev squad, to also be able to handle variety. Your suggestion will do that. I looked at the missile launcher, its range is nice but its just sorta weak. Yeah heavy bolter is hardcore space marine and fluff but you're right, lacks some punch .... plus Im also running a land raider crusader and a stormraven with sponsons, so I have plenty of dakka dakka hitting the field.

Archived