Elysian drop troops orders?

Orsah

Hi,

does anyone know if the elysians in imperial armour 2nd ed. taros campaign can use orders from the astra militarum book or do they lose the orders since their commanders are written for the 6th ed IG codex. and at that time the voice of command rule didnt exist. 

Well... I've just been using the orders from codex:AM for my elysians. Elysians are still part of the Astra militarum even if there are no references to this in the taros campaign book. But of course you should ask your opponent if he's ok with this before you play.. If he's iffy, just say that we still pay 30pts for carapace vets and give him sad-eyes ;)

Exactly.. My experience with the elysians is that you'll probably have boots spread across the whole table (due to deepstrike or Valkyrie drops), so orders won't really be an issue since you wont be I range of officers. The long range ground scanner is therefore super cool. A vox in all squads and you got a chance to twinlink your shooting for a turn.

I asked Forge World a while back about Elysian & DKoK giving orders in 7th edition.

My email:

Can the Senior and Junior officers in the Elysian Drop Troops and Death Korps of Krieg issue orders? They could in 6th edition but in 7th Codex Astra Militarum added the Voice of Command special rule. Can it be assumed that the officers have access to the rule since they were written in an older edition?

Their response:

Hi,

Thank you for your email.  The Elysian D-99 list from the Anphelion Project do not issue orders, they are in effect an army of self motivated squads.  All the rest of the Elysian and DKK Officers should have Voice of command and be able  to issue orders.

Hope this helps.

Archived