1750 iron warriors

aries24

hey hey guys, so this is what im going for, its a fairly fluff based list. trying to get the unique units in as much as possible. let me know what you suggest to bump up to 2500pts :P

praetor

master crafter chainfist

digi lasers

cataphractii armour

ROW: pride of the legion

master of the singnal

15 tac marines

sarg. power axe

melta bomb

5 tyrant siege terminators

contemptor mortis

ass cannons

2 las rappiers

vindicator

power of the machine spirit

sicareon

las cannon sponsons

10 iron havocs

missile launchers

I like it :) lots of IW flavour but with Pride of the Legion your compulsory troops need to be terminator or veteran squads :( according to my army list book anyway! You could swap the Praetor for Golg though and I think it would still work.

If you're wanting to use the Pride of the Legion Rite of War then your compulsory troop choices must be made up of either Legion Veterans, Legion Terminators or Special Terminator units.

What role does the Contemptor Mortis play in this list? The two TL Lascannons are a decent option but you already have anti-tank and anti-air in the form of Missile Launcher Havocs. It doesn't provide a great anti-tank option when you already have Havocs and Laser Rapier Destroyers, and doesn't quite cut it as an additional anti-air option. Consider taking either Kheres Pattern Assualt Cannons or Autocannons instead if you're hellbent on taking the Dreadnaught.

Why have you taken Power of the Machine Spirit on the Vindicator? The combi-bolter is there purely to reduce the weapon destroyed result chance to 50% on your Demolisher Cannon. It's a complete waste of points.

Consider taking a Bastion with Ammo Dump. It provides a great perch for your Havocs + Master of the Signal and grants them a 4+ cover save. You can deploy the Bastion so your Havocs can hold a backfield objective and it can be used as line of sight blocking terrain. The ammo dump compliments the unit by allowing you to re-roll 1s to hit on your BS5 Havocs.

Consider a Siege Breaker. Whilst he isn't a great HQ choice he does confer the Tank Hunters special rule to Tyrant Siege Terminators should he join them

i dig that your trying to take all the special legion stuff, IMHO its some of the best out there.

and you do need a 2nd Compulsory troop option of Terminators or Vets, but if you are dead set on PotL I would take a Veteran Tactical Squad to mix it up a bit. they can take Heavy bolters so you can take your Special Ammo for it.

Veterans - Legion Vet Sergant (Artificer Armor, Power Axe), 4 Veterans, Shrapnel Bolts, Heavy Bolter, Rhino 200pts

Siege Breakers are mean, and the fact that they give Tank Hunters to any unit that they join mean that they will do well against anything with an AV when put with Tyrants.

Vindicators are in my opinion a little tricky to use in 30k. So many things will just wipe it off the table without you getting it into position. if your looking for some sort of artillery in your list, what about taking the Rapier Batteries with Quad Mortars? If they haven't FAQ'ed it they have access to shatter shells (heavy 4 str8ap4 sunder and Str 5 Ap 5 ShellShock barrage small blast) you choose every time it fires.
ML Havocs are really good and can threaten anything you opponent can bring Frag,Krak,Flak make them good all rounders so you know that what ever your opponent brings they will do well. And if you plan on playing bigger games, 9 Havocs with Lascannons, an ammo dump and a Master of signals wreck anything that has wheels or wings. but your looking at a 600-700+pt Unit but you delete anything with an AV. But if you have an IH opponent laugh manically as nothing of theirs makes it across the board with all the AT fire you have.

Up-sizing? more troops, more AV, more fun stuff! In book 3, they said that the Iron Warriors had more support units per line unit than any other legion. so you can go troop lite and still be cool with the fluff. I'm a fan of our custom RoW but it is polarizing, Charge after Rapid fire, I'm cool with that. 4 heavy support slots, where do I pay. I have to take a Siege Breaker or a Warsmith? not like I wasn't taking one anyway. AND FREE EXTRA ARMOR, HO BOY. it adds alot without alot of downsides. more HS than FA, and you have to take 3 compulsory troops. and you cant take a Legion Allied detachment. But bring on the bots, mechanicum4life.

Question: If you like terminators, just take Golg, hes decent if he rolls with a Terminator Squad, and unlocks them as troops without the RoW

Archived