Cathedral of Redeption

It seems the closer this tournament gets the more I get tempted by editing things for a cool sisters feel.

My latest temptation comes in the form of Scrapping the Marine Allies and flyer, taking a Pair of Avenger Strike Fighters, A repressor Heavy bolter squad and a Fortress of Redemption with Krakstorm Missiles, remote control and 4 Heavy Bolters for some back boardedge firepower.

However a Fortress of Redemption is not very sistersy in appearance so i have been looking at conversions and I have begun to become tempted by this.

The question is though how useful is a Fortress of Redemption and can it ever be used against me?

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/DukeDanseMacambre/f7a8426a26fc3ad69b1bee9c09c935f0.jpg

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/DukeDanseMacambre/IMG_0079.jpg

The Fortress is a great addition to a Sisters army.  I used one in a tournament a few months ago and placed second, a huge part of that was the Fortress.  Its Icarus Lascannon can shoot down flyers and more importantly swats aside fast skimmers.  The firepoints are a great place to stash a heavy squad or a break out unit and the 4 heavy bolters are a cheap upgrade that works well.  It isalso large enough to hide a squad of Serephim with the Saint behind it, counter assaults can be fun.  Another large thing is that people do not know how to react to it if they have not seen it.  It gives you guaranteed cover turn 1 for your army and has a bunch of specialrules and add ons that make it fun.  I think it is worth its weight in gold and cant wait to see your conversion.

Krakstorm launcher's not bad either. I'm not sure though - can you park a Retributor squad in the Fortress and get four extra heavy bolters, or are there no heavy bolter options on the Fortress?

Thats what I was thinking as i can't put a retributor squad in the fortress only on the battlements so have a 10 sister retributor squad with heavy bolters, Krakstorm Large Templat AP3 missiles, 4 more heavy bolters and a Twin Linked Intercepting Lascannon.

I was just unsure on the rules of it being remote controlled, do they all need to fire at the same thing or can the weapons split fire etc?

None of them say they have to be manned either.

Should be good at thinning enemies ranks either way though. biggrin.png

Conversion will take a while, got to make it a reasonable size and height but make it cool and sisters styled.

Also will likely need large arch doors to allow the passage of walkers etc.

Archived