Colour on Inq power armour?

Hi all - I have an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor decked out in power armour, modelled using an old Space Marine captain - I'm wondering what colours to paint him? GW models use red and gold mostly, but are they the official (by the fluff) colours of the Inquisition? What colours do folks paint their power armoured Inquisitors?

Thanks!

I asked this question very early on and very quickly found out that the answer is ANY COLOR, except peach.

This is because Inquisitors are independent and have no set color scheme (nor organization for that matter). Each Inquisitor picks his or her own scheme as they see fit.

So Coteaz is mostly gold, Karamazov is black & white, Eisenhorn and Ravenor are black & green, Galleus is black & red, Tyrus is black & gold, Gruberman is tan & white, Jentz is tan & dark brown, etc.

Any color except peach. Because frankly, peach just invites Slaanesh.

Indeed, though the Inquisition has it's classic colours of black and red your own Inquisitor can have his own ways/opinions/etc so you can do what you like. My Inqusitor's colour is a nice crimson so he wears that (and likes his minions to do so too!). Peach is acceptable, but only the darker shades and for radicals.

Well, Kilofix and WarriorFish already covered this off.

Keep in mind that the Inquisition is not military, nor is it really a formal organization at all. Just a loosely affiliated groups of individuals who are largely powers unto themselves with only minimal oversight from conclaves of senior inquisitors. Those conclaves have much bigger fish to fry than any sort of uniform so Inquisitors wear whatever they want. In general, they do pretty much whatever they want, so their armour is just part of this. So paint up your Inquisitor however you want!

• 4 weeks later...

I used gold and red for mine.   Watch those pastels though...   no taupe or mauve!   :-)

I tend to go with the logic of librisrouge ... if an inquisitor wants to wear taupe or mauve I'm sure not going to tell him/her that he/she can't! And I don't think anyone else would either.

Archived