The Tragedy of the 438th Expedition Fleet

The boater

Hello all, and welcome to my new project log!

It's been about a year sense I have been in a place where I can work on this hobby, and in that time I have been dying to continue a large scale horus heresy force. (Actually two)

In this p-log I plan to do a solar auxilia army (the 349th) ailed to imperial fist (the 176th grand company). The opposing side I plan on doing word bearers with demonic allies.

Added bonus: as the title suggest there is a story with character back stories to go with it which I have been developing over the past year.

Finally can't leave you without dropping a view of things to come:

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/imagejpg1_zps8881ffbb.jpg

This is how I plan to paint the 349th. The photo might be a tad dark but it is a burnt orange with white armor. Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks for stoping by,

-the boater

-t

We all love tragedies here! What is that model? Looks very distinctive.

That is a converted solar auxilia veletaris. From fw's new range.

I concur, I really like that orange, and the white will complement it nicely. Will be looking forward to seeing how you handle the Fists.

I'm actually really excited to start the fist, but unfortunately I have to wait for my next order comes in to start em.

Word bearers, daemons, fists, AND Solar auxilia? Count me in!

first to follow!

I like it and it's good to see you back at again brother, I will however say that my colour scheme is better msn-wink.gif

Kurama, us Solar Auxilia have to stick together. And my scheme is better tongue.png

Kurama, us Solar Auxilia have to stick together. And my scheme is better tongue.png

Them be fighting words msn-wink.gif

No need to get the boaters' baby thread off track so soon guys! sweat.gif If in doubt, settle it over a build/paint off betwixt the lot of ya, and let the good folks here decide, nothing beats healthy competition! happy.png

My apologies Boater, some simple banter between the corps. I do admire your scheme greatly, it's more complex then mine, and will look stunning on the table. Also can't wait to see some of the other elements like the Imperial Fists.

That is the exact scheme I was thinking of doing! Looks good :D I was going to paint mine white and orange (so they look like Rebel pilots :P) or black and white to resemble Imperial Storm Troopers. How are they to put together? 

There actually quite easy to put together. If you look at how the las rifle section bits are its set up exactly the same. Though a handful of the mold lines are in crappy places and due to how they are made some spots are stuped hard to paint. They also don't leave a lot of room for conversion... But overall it's a fun set to work on.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/imagejpg1_zpsb1443615.jpg

It has been said that the 276th battalion of the VIIth, was a shadow upon the seemingly unblemished history of the legion. Commanded by Marshal Tiberius Claudius 'Invictus' who was a veteran of the unification wars, and currently is serving militiae mutatio (originally the commander of the 27th chapter) for actions deemed less than honorable by the legion Primarch Rogal Dorn. It is rumored that he holds little love for his gene father, and such sentiments are reciprocated. Unlike much of the rest of the legion, Marshal Claudius has retained the structure of the original legions for his battalion. It is broken into 7 centuries, each specializing in a different type of combat. In battle the 276th is known for being merciless in devotion to duty, even to the point 'beyond' acceptable practices.

Currently attached to the 438th expedition fleet alongside three cohorts of Solar Auxilia and in recent years the chapter of the Shattered World, XVII legion. The expedition is led by rogue trader Etari Maximus and is charged with exploration/ conquest out beyond the halo stars.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a544/jemlohr/imagejpg1_zpsf7905fb1.jpg

+Veteran Sergeant Damiel, 1 century, 276 bn, 27 ch, VII leg. ast.+

++Pict Capture accredited to Martin Veteros - remembrancer, 438th expedition fleet- during the 'pacification' of Rathorus++

++recorded vox transmissions++

"Se..eant fall back to t..e drop zone"

"Understood, reasons?"

"The battalion is retu..ing to orbit along with all oth... imperial forc... Planetary ...ulace to cor...t by xe..s... ...terminatus."

"Come again. Did you say xenos? Exterminatus?"

"Indeed serg...t. Exterminatus."

"There has been hardly any sign of xenos threat planet side, why kill the humans on this world?"

"... Unimportant. You h...ve your orders sergeant...out"

++end transmission++

Sorry for the lack of painting updates,but I'll throw you a little photoshop :P. The last two weeks have left little room for painting, but I figured I'd let loose some of the fluff and ideas I had. This is how I am going to paint the fist. I really want to play with the darker aspects of the legions, especially the "loyal" ones. I also wanted to play with the pre-black Templars theme. I have always liked the black Templars and the pre heresy imperil fist use the icons more than enough.

Will the Space Marines be true scale?

They will not unfortunately. Though I think I could do true scale justice, I have neither the time, patience, or money to do such an endeavor. If I was doing small kill teams or small detachments maybe, but I really plan on having a couple different armies to play that friends could use as well, and doing true scale on that "scale" (pun :P ) would be insane.

Thanks for reading, and look forward to feedback!

-the boater

Archived