Warlord Traits Tables

malorn24

... depends, if my warlord if with everyone, the command traits are good as it kind of makes a Area of effect buff

if my warlord if flying off to follow his dreams, the strategic traits are fun.. some go for the codex ones but the BRB has some that don't suck now...

assuming i read your question right?

Besides being fluffy, there are just better options in the codex tables than in the basic rules.

That is not a universal truth; far from it. The SM and BA tables, for example, are terrible.

Personaly, I usualy roll on Strategic, though if playing an Assault army, I'd likely roll on Command instead.

Blood angels recieved an awesome chart with the flesh tearers, and I dont mind thr blood angels one either.

The Flesh Tearer one is pretty alrigth, especialy with the reroll. The BA one, though... good God, I don't know what they were thinking. I would never, ever, EVER roll on that one.

[...]BA tables, for example, are terrible.

That's an extreme overstatement, really. There's only two that are kind of 'bad' overall (MC and Fearless), the rest are generally pretty useful.

[...]BA tables, for example, are terrible.

That's an extreme overstatement, really. There's only two that are kind of 'bad' overall (MC and Fearless), the rest are generally pretty useful.

Its really not an overstatement. Yes, those abilities in and of themselves are good (mostly), but you aren't considering the opportunity cost. While the BA table provides small, situational boosts, rolling on other tables provide boosts that benefit your whole army, or a large segment of it. THAT is the reason why the BA table is terrible.

I'd say the vast majority of the time I roll on the personal traits, if the warlord is going to be with a lot of models then I'll roll command. I leave the rest alone for the most part since most of my lists don't benefit from several results.

Archived