2500 IA armored group vs orks

lionofjudah

-

'This is Lima12 carrying Delta level package. We have come under heavy flak... Throne the port engine is out!! Port wing ruined, fuselage degradation... 42% and rising.'

Alarm chimes and the ringing of an impact alarm are heard over the screams of the airframe as Aquila lander 002653 comes apart on impact in the Bayduian desert.

Cacophony lit through the forward base of the Artemisian Enterians armored divisions QRF with the transmission from Lima12.

'Lima12, Lima12 we are dispatching a QRF to your last shown location. Be advised there is a large Ork force in your vicinity. Bunker down and we will be there ASAP....Lima12 acknowledge!?'

'Send out Captain Dedrian's tankers and Sgt. Walshim's cavalry. Tell the boys to spin up Vulcan5 and have Thunder6 perform air support. I want that package back here within the hour.'

Link to the list http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/301836-2520-ia-armored-co-list/

30 minutes later-

First round guard

Advance on objective - protect the package with mass of the macharius. Vanquisher fires on stompa and doesn't penetrate- takes 1 hp, L mbt takes off hull Pts from 2 truks, hydra strips 2 hp from blitz bomma, 2 war bikers die to volley from Vulcan while the Battlewagon explodes from a penetrating shot from R mbt.- don't think I've slowed them down enough to enter the wreckage and secure package before the orks make contact.

First round orks

Combined fire from both ork jets brings the Thunder6 vulture down before its punisher cannons get the chance to engage. The stompa fired at the Vulcan with supa rokkits and the deff Kannon to no avail. The supagatla double 3'd and then destroyed the hydra in a furious volley of fire.

Second round guard

Veteran squad alpha exited their chimera and moved to the wreckage to extricate the package. The L Hellhound infernoed the first squad of boys and roasted all but 2 orks to a crisp. Chimera fire took off last hull points from middle truk whose explosion took 5 burnaboys out. The R hellhound torched 2 more bikers and the thunderer's demolished vaporized the biker nob. The Vulcan snap fired with the megabolter and downed the bomma(thankfully as it was lining up an attack run on the package).

Second round orks

The orks advanced in a cloud of smoke. The shok attack gun, def kannon and dakka jet all unloaded on alpha squad- the emperor protects as only 4 veterans perished. The bikers and stormboyz all fired at the hellhound and took 2 hp. Ramming with truks against hellhound and chimera proved ineffective for the orks.

Third round guard

Retrieved package and began moving towards far side of table- thru the ork horde. The hellhound took out 4 more of the burnas, L mbt's battle cannon took a hp from a kan, the sentinels took a hp off the squigtruk(love autocannons)- the macharius lit into the stormboyz- 6 fell and another 4 disappeared to the flamers and multilasers of alpha squad. Another warbiker evaporated in the heat of the demolisher shell and the meganobz took a wound from the hellhounds inferno cannon.

So much walking metal heading towards me- Close combat dred, 6 kans, stompa, 6 meganobz...

The warboss and nobs are all stuck in with my vehicles and I see power klaws everywhere.

Third round orks

Def Kannon deviated off board, supagatla blew up the chimera and took out 2 members of beta squad melta on the left flank as they were making a move to strike the stompa, another 2 members of beta fell to a shoota. grottzookas took 2 hp from the l hellhound, meganobz shooting pulled a hp from the R hellhound before assaulting it. The warboss and nob both ran in to assault the macharius.... The kans assault on the L hellhound ended its days while the meganobz klaws opened the R hellhound to the poisonous skies:/... Things are looking grim but the men of the Artemisians move to secure the package.

Fourth round guard

Vanquisher took another hp and a weapon from the stompa, L mbt killed a kan, pcs chimera took out the def dread, sentinels shot up the meganobz and did nothing against their 2+ saves, the plasma vets of Charlie squad moved up to support alpha squad in resecuring the package and rapid firing plasma guns destroyed the last stormboyz. Combined fire to the last truk destroyed it leaving the big mek right in front of the package, R mbt took out 2 boys with its heavy bolter and I rolled 4 1's on the battlecannon shots, assault did not go well and alpha squad was almost massacred by the stormboyz nob.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/DEF0D78F_zps7dd5f9ea.jpg

Fourth round orks

Last burnaboy roasted the men of beta squad and shoota fire from the 2 remaining boyz took down the last members of beta. Def Kannon shot bounced off the vanq and the supagatla took out alphas chimera, the dakka jet lined up on the rear armor of the playoon command squad chimera for 7 hits to explode it killing 4 men from the PCS. Warbiker took out 2 from Charlie squad, shokk attack gun blew the last hp off the macharius and lit off its ammo racks popping the turret off and ending its reign as dakka king. Meganobz charged the R mbt and sent 21 Klaw attacks into it- in its explosion all the meganobz escaped harm. Warboss and his squads nob attacked alphas remaining members and the package and rendered them into parts smaller than could be recognized.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/0F8E363F_zpsf7ceb37f.jpg

The package perished in the flurry of attacks, his important mission never to be completed and the game was over. Burning wreckage crossed the battlefield leaving a shield of twisted metal for the orks.

I had a thunderer, 6 guys from Charlie squad and their chimera, sgt Walshim and the 3 surrounded armored sentinels left vs stompa, 4 kans, 6 meganobz, 1 biker, big mek, warboss and the nob and 1 boy from that squad, the stormboyz nob, squad of boys, dakka jet, 1 burnaboy and 2 boys... Wow

Scatmando- the orks of my boys horde are quite numerous and there are times when the dice fall- he has so many... It is a good reminder in buttkicking for sure. Also a lesson for him as I destroy his vehicles and he pulls dudes from the table left and right and still hits my line with his 'ardest boyz ready to krak open de puny humies!

Warriorfish- I have to attack the red beast in waves in between my armies as the boys not fond of painting- 'you do a much better job dad';) . With the guard I have yet to defeat the orks, my Wolves however kick their green butts every time- I think he's scared of them:) perhaps allies next time??

Demolisher a are my fav tanks and as yet I own none... I am also blighted by a love of heresy fists as well as owning a business, having 3 preteen boys and saving up to buy a piece of property out of town. My wife would be.... unexcited... if my armor ranks swelled any larger as she questions the need for all of my toys as it is:)

I am preparing to auction off my wolves though as I do have desires for moar plastic/resin and I am resigned to keeping my collection the same size and perhaps if it were only demolisher turrets that would be ok;)

Thanks SW1...my son kept questioning me why I was doing it. The recap was our bedtime story last night and I messaged it to him along with all the pics I took so he could share it with friends at school today smile.png

Warriorfish- you are correct on the education and indoctrination of our future gamers and painters... my 7 yr old stepson love the look of the nids and orks and is continually wanting me to give him another dood to paint. Rearing the next gen is fun!

Indeed, I always say they you should expect and be prepared for the Ork lines to hit you because it's going to happen eventually. The trick is thinning the horde efficiently before that happens, and having the right units ready to welcome them with burning promethium and more!

Archived