Chapter of the Burning Crow

Daemon2027

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Credited to an Albian Author, M2

In the beginning, the Golden God-Son, Lorgar Aurelian, choose a dozen of his sons, 12 peers in a Legion of angels, 12 of his sons, who had witnessed the death of Monarchia, witnessed the pilgrimage of a lost Devine, and witnessed the Primordal Truth. These 12 warrior philosophers championed the Primordal Truth, wishing only to bring the light of Kaos to the Galaxy, so, our beloved Aurelian, Golden God-Son of the Primordal Truth, anointed these 12, naming them, the Paladins of Lorgar.

- an extract from the banned tome, The Truth of Kaos

-----

New year, new name, new project. First of two Warband I am building.

Current work on the Enlightned - Gal Vorbak who trod the path of the serrated sun after the blessed firstborn.

16079203368_820499b9a6.jpg

Early work on an Ashen Circle member.

15644311224_c49d84cd75.jpg

Thanks, I'm glad they hit the right note, forgeworld have done a fantastic job with the sculpts. I'm going to start painting them one at a time, first of the Dark Martyr, with the twin claws.

Digging round my bits box I found some of my old Inquisitor band. I don't currently feel like working on the Inquisitor himself as he doesn't fit into the 30k universe but I love these 2 guys. I am thinking they may make good routine for a Rogue Trader or Mechanicum Explorator. Or maybe the staff of an Imperial Agent?

15652577943_2fc3d61c6e.jpg

Nin and Girsu were born as twins, one soul split into two. He and his brother were faster, stronger, more intelligent, then all others. They were fated for the Legion, and even once they become the brothers of all the XVIIth, their one soul longed for its other half. Together they were unstoppable warriors, they walked as the heroes of old, they led from the front, always the champions of the Word. But the stars are cruel, and a xeno witch pulled Girsu from our realm, casting his soul into the great sea. Nin raged, his soul could not be calmed, it's half screamed in pain. That's where I found him, torn in two, and I showed him the secrets of the great sea. Nin was the first of us to swim, to drift in the currents that had borne the first Gal Vorbak to thier enlightenment, and Nin found his other, he found Girsu, and they joined. But Girsu had been two long with the never born, and Nin to week from the morning period. What was left, was less warrior and more beast. Nin-Girsu of the Englightened.

16088173629_4f8c7a0821.jpg

So part the way through painting my first Gal Vorbak, I'm going to have to set up a photobox because getting a picture of my progress so far was a nightmare. But hopefully you can get an idea of the vibe I'm going for. Still lots to the do, the metals need to be highlighted, and I could do with fingering out a bone colour that can be used on the ribs and left claw. Thoughts, feedback, criticism all welcome.

Service in Death

Scribe 25182290 served the Imperial facilities on Crusades End for 90 years before succumbing to a wasting disease. In honour of his service his remains were fitted with an anti grav device so he can continue his service in the name of the Emperor

16141233948_51ffa591f3.jpg

16142604829_11de224de2.jpg

16142915697_d3edfee2a8.jpg

16142772319_4a645b1206.jpg

A quick paint job on this guy just to get me in the groove for painting and to mess around with parchment and fabrics.

Nin-Girsu was the first of our chapters enlightened, and in many ways he was older then the sainted Gal Vorbak of the Surrated Sons. Half his spirit was neverborn for longer then Blessed Lorgar walked the path of truth. Once united, he remained in his blessed form, not willing to risk losing his twin soul again. The other enlightened, blessed as Nin-Girsu, often kept to thier Astarte form, and stayed away from thier beastly brother. But, in battle Nin-Girsu led, an alpha leading his pack.

I've finished my first Gal Vorbak, has been a lot of fun to paint. I would like to add scripture to the larger areas of armour, and on the U corrupted shoulder pad but I don't think I can pull it off just yet so will come back to it later.

15769355953_19ba63353e.jpg

A view of the more mutated part, I enjoyed painting this, trying to get a mixture of fleshy, black, red and bone, and trying to make it blend together. Was a lot of fun.

15769357263_d131deb846.jpg

First time I've painted flames and OSL, I didn't want to over do it but as there was metal both sides I felt it needed something. I feel I might need to lighten the blood a bit on the top of the claw due to the flame. I tried to use hair to make drops of blood but I couldn't get it to look right so scraped it. Again I may practice this then return to add it.

16201964910_8a4bfb8207.jpg

So thinking on this little project I have decided a change. Originally it was just a small modelling project but I really have enjoyed painting this guy so I think I will paint more. However I don't fancy truescaling that many models in this fashion, so with the Word Bearers I'm going to return to good old plasticard truescaling. I'm also tempted to paint the main body of troops grey, but haven't fully decided yet.

They will be joined by the forces of the Solar Auxilia, who will be black and silver, and Taghmata Omnissiah and thier friend in the Mechanicum, who I am yet to decide on a colour scheme.

I also have a side project, Alpha Legion, which will be Terminator based true scaled, and can be seen over in the Age Of Darkness sub section if you are interested.

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

That honestly is the best gal vorbek on this site, it's gritty and would look perfect next to lorgar, the sandstone base adds so much depth to the paint job and the flames are just right not overtly done with osl or brightness but a nice dark ritualistic flame.

Mate don't thank me your the one inspiring me, honestly if you don't pick up lorgar and put him next to this bad boy I'll be booking a flight over to sort you out :D

On the subject of lorgar have you considered converting it to look like this;

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/Lorgar_demon_prince_by_slaine69_zpsceli6xap.jpg

Haha we are going to have to meet one day for a game. Dubai is about halfway....

That picture is amazing, saved! I will get Lorgar eventually, but I have plans to do a Diabolist to lead the Enlightened first. Also I don't want to do Lorgar to Daemon-y don't think he ascends till after the Heresy.

Bloodbath, thank you, but tbh both the red and fleshy bits colours were lifted from RazakelXIII fabulous Word Bearers.

Iirc in the battle for Calth lorgar appeared on row boats inflatable raft and had the appearance of a horned crown, you don't have to demonic him maybe the fur cape and the start of mutation/possesion/ascendance.

We will once we finish a force I know the fiance wants to go to the UK for our honeymoon :)

I'm guessing the possessed contemptor is going to work its way in at some point

Iirc in the battle for Calth lorgar appeared on row boats inflatable raft and had the appearance of a horned crown, you don't have to demonic him maybe the fur cape and the start of mutation/possesion/ascendance.

We will once we finish a force I know the fiance wants to go to the UK for our honeymoon :)

I'm guessing the possessed contemptor is going to work its way in at some point

Its been a while since I read Know No Fear, will have to skim for that on Lorgar. A good idea though, would set him as Chaos Transfiguered or what ever it is.

You want a game on your honeymoon? I think your missing the point of it....

I had the idea to make a possessed contemptor ages ago was just saving up for the bits to do it. Will probally wait and see what FW will do now. Will gave to make a Gal Vorbak Knight instead ;)

Really, really nice work so far on those Gal Vorbak.

Thanks, im really enjoying painting them.

I've changed the name of this plog as I am now continuing the Word Bearers and I will develop the background in a different direction. The chapter will be based of principles from the Qliphoh, particulary the Harab Serapel or Ravens of the Burning God, hence the name. I changed to crow as it rolls off the tongue better.

Working on Gal Vorbak number 2, and not sure on the brightness of the Serrated Sun symbol. I thought this was a holy symbol especially among the second generation of the Gal Vorbak so deserved to stand out. On the first Gal Vorbak the symbol was smaller and on the shoulder pad, but here it's more prominent. Thoughts?

16393708351_d824d92c29.jpg20150129_135230-1

Decided that the Orange would be good repeated under the armour to try and give a more supernatural look.

16426610901_35caa0187d_c.jpg

This guys basically done apart from the base. I tried to do some little lines on the parchment but all the colours I tried were to dark. I think light grey would show up but not look so great.

Archived