Imperial Fists 3rd and 4th Battle Company

nortran11

Here is my 4th Company Champion. I've bashed him together using Sternguard legs and torso, assault marine arms, champion shoulder pads and the backpack from a metal Pedro Kantor.

4th company champion

4th company champion 1

4th company champion 2

The head is pretty much a place card for now, I have a few options I want to look at before settling on one.

I'm liking the champion. To be honest, I prefer the first helm. Yeah, it's just a plain old Mk VII helm with laurels, but I feel that adds to the overall theme of the model. I'm not overly keen on the second head. I'd suggest removing the belly button purity seal, but as always, your models so your rules.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Dallo, I saw your post right after the CA dried on the head.....I stuck with the Spartan head, but altered it a tad....I added a little green stuff to the face to give it a little depth.

Here is Company Champion Cladius.......all dressed up and ready for the ball

4th Company Champion Cladius

And posing with Varas, 3rd Company Champion

3rd and 4th Company Champions

I kinda like the belly button ribbon.

Thanks Dallo. That's Warpaints Daemonic Yellow over a white primer base and then weathered with Quickshade Soft Tone. The Warpaint is one of the few yellows I've seen that isn't too chalky, it brushes on really well and two coats usually gives you a really vibrant yellow

I took inventory last night and found I am actually closer than I thought to collecting the rest of the pieces needed for 4th company.

Currently I have -

Company Captain

Command Squad

Chaplin

5 Tact squads

1 Devastator squad

1 centurion devastator squad

Pretty just need a box of tactical marines and 4 boxes of assault marines and 4th is good for troopers. I am kicking around the idea of taking the "Chapter Challenge" and collecting the entire Imperial Fists chapter. I figure I'm already a fifth there!

I like the champion, it's well thought through and the yellow shade you've got is great. The only thing I don't get is he's armed with a sword and shield, and I can see no use for the big ammo hopper on the backpack. It might be worth giving him a different one and saving that for another conversion...

That's not an ammo hopper.....it's a power amplifier for the sword....sheesh dude, how did you not know that :)

To be honest, I didn't even realize that what that box on the pack was.....it has vents on it so I didn't even consider it being ammo storage. I just liked the unique look of the pack and glued it on. Sadly, it's too late to change...that sucker is attached with CA, it's going no where.

• 3 weeks later...

Was down in SoCal this last week and stopped off at the world famous Brookhurst Hobbies....picked up a box of Sternguard and Vanguard. Going to bash the two boxes to make my Honor Guard. When I was down there I got a call from my FLGS that my Pedro Kantor and Space Marine Commander had arrived, I am going to bash them to create my chapter master.....will post pics soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest.....My honor guard for Chapter Master Hagen....

Imperial Fists Honor Guard

The Honor Guard was built using Sternguard as a base. I mixed in parts from a Vanguard box as well.

Imperial Fists Honor Guard back

Back shot. The capes came from Anvil Industries

Two Imperial Fists Honor Guards

Two honor guard. The head swaps came from Anvil Industries as well. These guys are armed with power swords, bolters and have holstered bolt pistols on their hips. NASTY!

Imperial Fists Chapter Champion

Chapter Champion. The Champion has a power sword in the left hand and in his right carries a close combat weapon (sword from Anvil Industries). The head came from a Venerable Dreadnaught and the flume is from the Sternguard box

Imperial Fists Chapter Standard bearer

Chapter Standard bearer. The standard comes from a Forgerworld Imperial Fists set. I was lucky to find just the standard on ebay so I didn't have to buy the whole set.

Imperial Fists standard details

Here's some detail on the standard. It has a great Imperial Fist icon in the center of the laurels.

Paint next!

I was thinking about a few ideas.....one idea was white trim on the shoulders to denote their veteran status. Another idea was to trim the shoulder pads in the color of the company the guard was promoted from. The other is to just leave them yellow.....and of course there is always gold.

As a suggestion you could match the veterans trim to the squad but then go over the trim with a thinned metallic and then a shade of the trim color over that. They would then be the same but still stand out as better.

• 3 weeks later...

Would the Honor Guard have an apothecary?

No, honor guard don't have the apothecary option. Fluff wise the Honor guard are the best of the best so will probably either die spectaularly and not need an apothecary or survive unscathed. ;)

Thanks Battle Brother Bernard.

I am starting to wonder if I shouldn't shelf the project until the new codex comes out. This will be the first time a new codex has been released since I started collecting (yeah, I'm still a noob) and I don't know how much will be rendered invalid. I know they've made some changes to assault marines, and likely devastators with the new kit coming out. I think I might cry if they changed tacticals and my 16 sqauds of tactical marines were suddenly invalid.

Thanks Battle Brother Bernard.

I am starting to wonder if I shouldn't shelf the project until the new codex comes out. This will be the first time a new codex has been released since I started collecting (yeah, I'm still a noob) and I don't know how much will be rendered invalid. I know they've made some changes to assault marines, and likely devastators with the new kit coming out. I think I might cry if they changed tacticals and my 16 sqauds of tactical marines were suddenly invalid.

I wouldn't worry about the new codex and changes to tactical marines.

Since Rogue Trader a marine with a bolter has been the backbone of tac squads , and in the current era of chapter tactics we are the kings of Bolter Drill .

I doubt the heavy / special weapon / sergeant options are going to change dramatically ( don't quote me on this by the way ! biggrin.png ).

Archived