For the Record

Chefzilla

There is nothing finer than having a squad of Chaos Terminators with a Chaos lord attempting to charge into a LR Vanquisher, Battle Tanks, Exterminator and Pask in a Punisher and have none of them survive the first turn!

Another notch in 2nd Cav's belt.

I really want you to get a Vulture too tongue.png

I think that's a great idea!

Last night was part of our campaign and I had figured that the Archenemy unit to my left probabl had about 1500 points in his start hex. I determined it was my time to sweep in and begin dismantling his force. Came to find out that he only had 1000 points in his HQ.

I fielded 1500:

Pask in a Punished as my Warlord with a Vanquisher as his wingman. Another squadron of LR's a Battle Tank and an Exterminator. Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator armor Psycher mastery level 1.

A Wyvren and Basilisk, A platoon of infantry with a heavy weapons squad attached, Aegis Defense Line and my Scions in reserve.

He fielded 1000:

Terminator squad with Chaos Lord

Obliterator squad and Chaos Lord

2 squads of Cultists and a Bastion with Icarus Cannon.

Since I was attacking he set up first and I moved my all my force in from off the map. Which made him feel good thinking that I could only shoot on snapshots. I proceeded to introduce to him the great training of 2nd Cavs tank crews.

Game lasted 4 turns but by that time I had destryoed his Terminators, Obliterators, Chaos Lords and Bastion with the loss of 11 Guardsmen. Even better thos losses were spread over 2 squads so I didn't even lose an entire unit. I wiped out 20% of the Archenemy's army for the loss of 11 squishies!

Looks like his list wasn't optimised too well, so attacking was a stroke of tactical genius tongue.png Against your army he was badly out-gunned and paid the price! How does the campaign work, especially now he has to pick up the little chunks that are left of his lords?

We all start off with 5000 point armies with the objective of moving into the main city on this island. Apparently this is a  Necron Stasis world and we're either there to stop them from waking up or trigger them awakening. At the beginning we were only allowed to move a 1000 points a turn but after last week that was increased to 1500.

My poor opponent seemed lost without his Daemon Prince.

Is the DP his crutch then? Make sure Pask isn't yours ;)

What other details are there on how the campaign works? Is it a case of turned based movement, is there only the one objective/event? Can you replenish lost units somehow? Presumably your opponent now knows what units you have in that tile, so you can expect him to return with vengeance in mind!

Is the DP his crutch then? Make sure Pask isn't yours msn-wink.gif

What other details are there on how the campaign works? Is it a case of turned based movement, is there only the one objective/event? Can you replenish lost units somehow? Presumably your opponent now knows what units you have in that tile, so you can expect him to return with vengeance in mind!

IG Orders are my crutch. ;) Pask is an amazingly useful tool but not the only knife in the drawer. Most of his units are occupied dealing with Necrons right now and I've got another IG player allied with me and we can call on Black Templars if we need them.

This campaign is geared toward either stopping the Necrons or land control. I'm doing a more story driven campaign with a couple of my buddies. Our first game was last Saturday and it was a lot of fun.

I'll talk about Sharpe's Rifles in more detail a bit later.

There is nothing finer than having a squad of Chaos Terminators with a Chaos lord attempting to charge into a LR Vanquisher, Battle Tanks, Exterminator and Pask in a Punisher and have none of them survive the first turn!

Another notch in 2nd Cav's belt.

Tanks can't overwatch, only walkers or passengers mounted in transports with firepoints.  How did he get a first turn charge against your tanks and how did you completely kill him when he did?

Archived