Making my own board. C&C needed

jimbo13

Hey guy I'm making my first game board and would love any and all help/suggestions. First off the board is 2x4 and meant for small point games. My goal is to make a urban trench system. I read one of the Horus Heresy books, Deliverance Lost, and was inspired by the perfect fortress. So..... I'm making an urban center with trench systems. So I carved out the trenches with a healthy dose of elbow grease and got the board base coated.

General Layout-

WP 20150115 003

Close up

WP 20150115 004

Overall I'm happy. My next step is to put painters tape on the road, carved out center section, and the trenches. The outer pavement sections I'm going to use a textured paint to give it a concrete vibe. Then I'll add other paint/washes and such. That is the part I'm struggling with. I'd love to get ideas and feedback even picture inspiration. I have rockets and shells that I'll dig into the board to make it look like unexploded ordinance (I think that's how I spell it) and such. I'm excited to hear the community feedback. TEACH ME FOR I AM A SPONGE!!!! I will keep this updated.

Archived