Taghmata Omnissiah anti-air

SevenPlagues

I'm putting together a Taghmata Omnissiah list from HH:3, and I want to get the community's views on the (limited) anti-air options) they have available to them.

As far as I can tell, my options are threefold: Thallax with Icarian upgrade, an Imperial Navy plane and the Hyperios missile platform.

The Thallax are what I'm most interested in (because I want to keep my army all Mechanicum - don't want the rest of the Imperium to know what we're up to after all!) but they seem very poor at their jobs, given their immobility should they want to avail themselves of Skyfire, and the extremely limited range of the Lighting Gun. Is there any way to equip them that makes them more viable? I thought about the Photon weapon options (only 3 in a Cohort of 9...) because of its extreme range, but S6 doesn't do much good when dealing with AV12 flyers. Are there any cunning combinations of units and gear that I'm overlooking that could make more a more effective aerial defense unit?

What do my fellow cog-worshippers use for their anti-air? In my meta, I'll be facing 2 Tyranid Flyrants, possible Dark Eldar/Necron flyer spam, and 2 Space Wolf planes (the ones with dual TL-multimeltas, shudder).

Archived