RG AdMech 2.5k

Nusquam

maun and admech automata (2500pts)
Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1575pts)
  • HQ (270pts)
    • Legion Centurion (130pts)

Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Cameleoline, Nanyte Blaster, Power Axe

• Strike Captain Alvarex Maun (140pts)
      • Master of the Legion

Decapitation Strike

• Troops (360pts)
    • Legion Tactical Squad (180pts)

9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla

• Legion Tactical Sergeant

Artificer Armour, Power Weapon

• Fast Attack (745pts)
    • Legion Seeker Squad (535pts)

5x Combi-plas, 5x Legion Seeker Space Marines

• Land Raider Proteus

Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Explorator Augury Web

• Legion Strike Leader

• Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (210pts)

Battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, 2x Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles

• Heavy Support (200pts)
    • Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (200pts)
  • Legion
    • Legion Astartes

XIX: Raven Guard

Mechanicum: Taghmata Omnissiah (Allied Detachment) (925pts)
  • HQ (235pts)
    • Magos Prime (235pts)

Cortex Controller, 2x Cyber-occularis, Jet Pack, Myrmidax, Phased Plasma-fusil, Phased Plasma-fusil, Power Fist, Power Fist

• Elites (80pts)
    • Tech-Priest Auxillia (80pts)

4x Servo-automata

• Adept

Cortex Controller, Enginseer

• Troops (355pts)
    • Adsecularis Covenant (80pts)

20x Tech-thralls, The Rite of Pure Thought

• Thallax Cohort (275pts)

2x Phased-Plasma Fusil, 6x Thallax

• Heavy Support (255pts)
    • Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple (255pts)

Enhanced Targeting Array, Thanatar

I've been wanting to supplement my RG force with AdMech since book one to represent the AdMech from Kiavahr.

Maun and the Centurion goes with the Seekers in the Proteus. They infiltrate and scout towards the intended target. Nanyte and Combi-plas ensure total annihilation.

The Lighting pops anything big. If it happens to be something like a spartan the contents will receive a S8 AP2 large blast barrage from the Thanatar, who is using Maun's Nightfall for LoS, Enhanced Targetting Array for +1BS and -2 to cover(Target array and Occularis) with forced re-rolls on successful cover saves. Or it just goes after other infantry.

The Magos goes with the Thallax and Deep Strike within Maun's 18" no scatter bubble. Between the Thallax Djinn sight and the Occularis, the target unit has -3 to cover when they take 12 S6 AP3 shots and 4 S7 rending shots. The Occularis then fly around where needed.

The Fire Raptor will also deep strike using Maun or fly on depending. Just in case it needs to get into a different facing from a Knight or just a good angle.

The Proteus will disrupt enemy reserves, or all but guarantee mine between it and Maun. I will position the Occularis' 12" -1 to cover to as many units as possible for the Thanatar and the magos/Thallax while they go infantry hunting.

The Tacs infiltrate to either support the vangaurd or tac objectives as the vanguard moves around. The Thralls go for the most dangerous Objective, or just hold a backfield one. Which depends on whether or not I need them as fodder or just to rack up points.

Tech priest babysits the Thanatar and keeps it running.

Thoughts? Anything any of you have faced that would throw a wrench in the works?

Well, its nasty, thats for sure...Seems to me that you've got all your bases covered.

If anything, the Thanatar being all by its lonesome as a giant fire magnet will make it a giant fire magnet; if they survive the Alpha Strike, that is.

True. I'm banking on it's T8 2+/5++ W4 and the Techs ability to "repair" it. Put it out of LoS and have the rest of the army put pressure on. If I'm facing an Orbital army or something akin to that I'll keep the Thallax and Magos near the Thanatar. The Occulari also give them interceptor.

Keeping the Centurion as a Blank or will you give him a specialization?

Also, how would you deal with AV14 Walls or a Spartan Pain Train? And, at this points level, the potential for 1-2 Knights?

The above I feel like you can deal with them if you play smart enough but, how about an AirCav List? At this points level you could make an Angels Wrath list with 5+ Storm Eagles/Fire Raptors. Granted, the probability of ever running into a list like this is nigh impossible, its best to account for it because I know I'll be making one if I ever have the money :p

He was originally a Librarian but I opted for a tech Thrall unit to enhance my scoring and giving the him the Nanyte Blaster.

I just dropped the two fists off the the Magos, forgot he came with a power weapon(I'll be using an axe) and upgraded the Raptor with Reapers. I feel it can handle Double Knight lists. I can't see more than two Spartans in an opposing list at this level. One of the two I'll send the Thralls to tarpit. The one that's worth the most I'll Kraken and melt the insides. If it has a Primarch inside I'll send the Thralls to pit it and ignore it. Take out the rest of the army. I've done it before. One power house unit wont win the objective war unless it's Maelstrom and they are lucky.

The first version of this had a squadron of two Krios Ven tanks for 8 S9 AP2 Ord shots instead of the Thanatar and Thralls. I'm tempted now to switch out the Raptor or another Kraken Lightning. I might just have enough AP3. Then they could take out Double Knight/Spartans more readily. AirCav I'm not too worried about between the two flyers I have. If they drop any infantry near the Magos and Crew they're going to have a bad time.

If I ever see an Angels Wrath RoW they deserve to win ha.

Well, there you go; you've got plans to cover all your bases so honestly, everything looks good.

And dont you worry, when the Blood Angels get the HH Treatment, no matter what Legion stuff they get I'll be making an Angels Wrath list for them :p

They'll probably have their own better version ha

So I realized the Servitors don't come with Servo arms so I had to shift things around. I also added the second lightning.

maun and admech automata (2500pts)
Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1560pts)
  • HQ (270pts)
    • Legion Centurion (130pts)

Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Cameleoline, Nanyte Blaster, Power Weapon

• Strike Captain Alvarex Maun (140pts)
      • Master of the Legion

Decapitation Strike

• Troops (360pts)

• Fast Attack (930pts)
    • Legion Seeker Squad (510pts)

4x Combi-plas, 4x Legion Seeker Space Marines

• Land Raider Proteus

Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Explorator Augury Web

• Legion Strike Leader

Battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, 2x Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles

• Legion
    • Legion Astartes

XIX: Raven Guard

Mechanicum: Taghmata Omnissiah (Allied Detachment) (940pts)
  • HQ (230pts)
    • Magos Prime (230pts)

Cortex Controller, 2x Cyber-occularis, Jet Pack, Mastercraft a single weapon, Myrmidax, Phased Plasma-fusil, Phased Plasma-fusil

• Elites (100pts)
    • Tech-Priest Auxillia (100pts)

4x Servo-arm, 4x Servo-automata

• Adept

Cortex Controller, Enginseer

• Troops (355pts)
    • Adsecularis Covenant (80pts)

20x Tech-thralls, The Rite of Pure Thought

• Thallax Cohort (275pts)

2x Phased-Plasma Fusil, 6x Thallax

• Heavy Support (255pts)
    • Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple (255pts)

Enhanced Targeting Array, Thanatar

Ah I thought Thallax had a Cortex, they just have their own fancy thing that's different. The points I save isn't enough for PoM on the Thanatar. I'm going to play around with it.

Archived