Imperial Knight Allies

L30n1d4s

Given that Sisters have limited unit options and especially limited long-range firepower (pretty much just the Exorcist) and CC capable units (i.e. Battle Conclaves, Repentia, and Priest support), I think an Imperial Knight allied detachment might be an ideal supporting element for a Sororitas task force.

Given that Knights can defeat very tough units in close combat and deal with hordes (from Stomp) and also can move 12" a turn while still shooting (either 2 x Battle Cannon 5" Blasts or 1 x S9 AP1 Melta Large Blast, depending on Knight type), they seem to shore up many of these weaknesses in a Sisters force. Combine this with lots of Bolter, Flamer, and melta shooting from a SoB force, plus a few Exorcists, and you have quite a balanced detachment.

Anyone already have experience using 1-3 Imperial Knights to support a SoB Primary Detachment?

I have been using them in combination for the last two months pretty much exclusively and its a really good team-up. The sisters have an advantage over some of the other Knight allies as they excel at providing medium cost, durable troops. I have been running 1500 pt lists with 2 knights- a Castigator and a Paladin. I usually have one squad with 10+ sisters and a Aegis line and another smaller squad with special weapons in an immolator. I always use seraphim, and the rest of the army varies. I have both an Exorcist and an avenger, and they are both awesome at backing up the knights.

Edit- I usually use both Celestine and a Cannoness for HQ.

Archived