Imperium Everlasting: XIII Legion WIP Thread

Work for the day:

4 shoulder pads. In 2 hours. God I am slow...

Also got the type of sword I want for the Charnabel sabre, so I'll pin that in the next 2 weeks (giving myself some time here).

Pads:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_1721_zpsji14rhxe.jpg

Well it might motivate you brother can't wait to see more progress I'm eager to see this expand into a full fledged project

So am I Kurama, can't wait to smash you Ultras into the gorund msn-wink.gif . Also their will be a massive group order in 3 weeks so this project will really kick off at that time, lots of resin gonna be coming my way.

Just seen Guilliman (Robot Girlyman) and the upgrade set. OMG they are amazing models. I'm gonna be buying those upgrade sets by the truckload. Lucky FW. Unlucky me. Lets just say my wallet will probably be at me with a knife for the next 6 months to a year. I need those models.

++WELCOME++

++PLEASE LOG IN++

-Roboute-

-Guilliman-

-Hilightened-deltarine-783-

++VERIFIYING++

[THOUGHT FOR THE DAY]

[sTRIKE HARD AND TRUE, FINISH THE BATTLE BEFORE IT HAS BEGUN]

++PASSWORD ACKNOWLEDGED++

++SELECT FILE++

++ARMATURA++

>{Survivors}

{Deceased}

++SURVIVORS SELECTED++

++4th COMPANY SELECTED++

++3rd SQUAD SELECTED++

++LEGIONARY MACKIEL SELECTED++

=SELECT PERSONAL DATA FILES=

=HELM RECORDINGS=

=REMEMBRANCER PIECES=

=PERSONAL WORKS=

++HELM RECORDINGS SELECTED++

=SELECT FILE=

=1=

=2=

=3=

=4=

++4 SELECTED++

BEGIN VIEWING OF RECORDING 4 'METAL WITHSTANDING'

Mackiel opened his eyes. Pain forced him to shut them almost as soon. Soon, the pain subsided, allowing him to open them. A knife was sticking out of his chest, down to the hilt. He gripped the handle with both hands, and pulled. A groan escaped his parched lips as the blade came free. He surveyed the weapon, the glistening wickedly curved blade drawing particular attention. It oozed darkness, enchanted by words that shouldn't be uttered, not meant for the human mouth. Disgusted, he cast away the blade, watching it bouncing through the rubble and dust.

With great effort, Mackiel stood up. The area around him was ravaged by destruction, filled with bodies and fallen war engines. he glimpsed the Enduring therian among the wrecks of two score Word Bearers vehicles. The mighty Warhound had died proudly, taking down countless tanks in the traitor red livery of the Word Bearers. 

A bolter lay in the dust. Mackiel picked it up. He voxed to Legion command, receiving nought but static. He set his vox unit to emergency broadcast. "This is Legionary Mackiel of the XIII Legiones Astartes. A call to all surviving Evocatus Legionaries to rally with me in the event there are no surviving officers left." Satisfied, he left it on repeat. 

He was wandering through the rubble, aimless and disenchanted, when the order came through. "Legionary Mackiel, this is captain Emil. Rendezvous with surviving Evocatus forces at the coordinates being sent through to your helm now." A set of numbers flashed up on his HUD. "Acknowledged captain." Mackiel said. "Moving upon position now."

He made haste towards the coordinates, wondering why captain Orfeo was not answering the call. Probably busy, he thought, better things to do than talk to a Legionary.

A faint whir carried out across the wind. Mackiel's superhuman hearing quickly picked out where it was coming from, and moved to investigate. He came across three Castellax battle automata, marked in the colours of the Titan Legio Lysanda. They were standing guard over the crippled form of an Ultramarines Consul-Praevian. Their darkfire cannons glowed, and their power blades were crackling as blood sizzled and spat across the flickering energy fields. 

He approached, careful not to make any threatening moves towards the watchful robots. He reached the downed warrior. Consul Deratium, of the 7th company. He would be missed in its ranks, but he still had a duty to carry out. Mackiel carefully removed the cortex controller and cortex designator from Deratium, and positioned them upon his person. He had received basic training with these items of wargear, as Mackiel was a firm believer in knowing your equipment, and had ruthlessly pursued his captain until he was granted permission to go ahead and receive training with all the equipment in the Legions arsenal. He directed a the robots to do some rudimentary tasks, ensuring they were all working before proceeding with his newfound support. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked that. 

It was inspired by the new consul type, definitely want one to lead some Castellax in my army.

Impressive but you need 1500 pts so we can game I have a board waiting msn-wink.gif

I'm looking at getting to 3000 in the next to years.

Nice although he would look better with a gladius in his left hand.

I don't have any Gladius'. The hands are pinned though so I can buy some whenever I want.

++WELCOME++

++BEGIN NEW RECORD++

++BEGIN DIALOG++

Armatura, gem of the 500 worlds. 

Military forces:

• Armaturan academy guard
  • Armaturan 478th armoured regiment
  • The Initiates, recruits for the legion
  • Evocatus -18th chapter
  • Titan Legio Lysanda
  • Knight house Lisanarius

History of the War World

Armatura was ravaged by fierce warp storms during the age of strife, yet flourished during its isolation. It endured a peace seen only on the world of Macragge, and had flowering trade networks between its four worlds. The ruling party won its place through politics and peace, establishing a happy system content with isolation. 

Finally, the warp storms abated, and the great crusade reached Macragge. The Ultramarines legion came to the Armaturan system, and set up a stable base of operations and training there. It eventually became known as the War World, the stability of its governement leading to greater responsibilities placed upon the system. It amassed the largest fleet of the 500 worlds, and had a permanent stationing consisting of the Ultramarines 18th company. 

Its human population swelled to almost 1 billion, with half of that in the enormous ranks of the Armaturan academy guard. The academy guard was the most disciplined fighting force in the 500 worlds, drilled to perfection by the officers of the Evocatus. They were supported by the 478th armoured regiment, combining some of the most skilled tank commanders throughout the whole Imperium.

With its increased status, Armatura soon drew the attention of the mechanicum. The Legio Lysanda, famed warriors of Charidan, journeyed to Armatura to be stationed upon the world at the behest of Roboute Guilliman. The knight household of Lisanarius also mad the journey, oathsworn to Lysanda through a bond stronger than blood, one forged upon the techno world of Aiolok. 

Armatura flourished in a time of light and understanding, but it was never to be.

The 500 worlds were subject to the most brutal betrayal in all the heresy. The Word Bearers ambushed the unawares Ultramarines at Calth, resulting in a slaughter that lasted hours before the XIII legion Primarch regrouped his legion to fight back against the traitorous scum. As they believed the XIII was destroyed, the Word Bearers and World Eaters assaulted the 500 worlds, eliminating over 20 worlds before coming to Armatura. The War World put up a brave fight, against mighty odds. It wasn't enough. It was reduced to a hollow shell, populated by corpses. 

==[COMMAND] SEAL RECORD UPON THIS POINT==

==[COMMAND] REQUEST SECURITY ACCESS CODE LEVEL ALPHA-APLHA==

Little known to any, there were some survivors of the Armatura massacre. Little over 250 Ultramarines survived, drawn together to form a desperate band of warriors that wandered the wastes, prowling for salvageable technology with which to call for help. They were eventually rescued by the strike force Perseus, sent down to scour the world for information and resources. So it was that captain Ravik Emil and his stragglers, called the 'Eternals', lived to fight another day. 

The Eternals were present during the pacification and subsequent annihilation of Colchis, and went on the become the first founding chapter named Evocatus.

====================================================================================================

Roboute Guilliman put down his stylus, satisfied that his work was done. Captain Emil walked into the command room, and greeted him. "Sire, are you all right?" he asked. "Oh yes, captain, I am just fine." Guilliman replied, smiling grimly.

Just my personal opinion but I feel like the right arm doesn't work for the pose the model is in. I think a more relaxed arm would be better.

What would you recommend Vazzy? I have alot of swords and weaponry in my bitz box so I can remake a sword.

The sword itself is a ok, its the arm. If you can find an arm more like the left (ie relaxed and inline with the body) I think you'd have a real winner. But that's just my .02.

Just my personal opinion but I feel like the right arm doesn't work for the pose the model is in. I think a more relaxed arm would be better.

What would you recommend Vazzy? I have alot of swords and weaponry in my bitz box so I can remake a sword.

The sword itself is a ok, its the arm. If you can find an arm more like the left (ie relaxed and inline with the body) I think you'd have a real winner. But that's just my .02.

Curses! Why does GW not make left pointy hands. It may also look better depending upon where the head is looking. I blu tacced a head on and it looked ok.

Finished my Praetor! Yay! First model done.

Captain Ravik Emil

3rd of his line

Praefectus of Linier

[sEALED UPON COMMAND]

{Commander of the Eternals}

{Primarchs Wrath}

{Bearer of the honoured standard Sarim}

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_1743_zpsbkbtxvvs.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_1747_zpsixng4soy.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_1752_zpsyageoveg.jpg

Archived