3K Solar Auxilia and Iron Warriors

Hesh Kadesh

Solar Auxilia Primary Detachment

HQ 

Legate Commander = 45pts

Elites

Enginseer Auxilia; two additional Enginseer Adepts, three additional servitors, 3x Graviton Guns, 7x Grenade Launchers = 235

Enginseer Auxilia; two additional Enginseer Adepts, three additional servitors, 3x Graviton Guns, 7x Grenade Launchers = 235

Enginseer Auxlia; four additional servitors, 1x Graviton Gun, 7x Grenade Launchers = 170

Troops

Auxilia Infantry Tercio;

-- Veletaris Storm Section = 115pts

-- Dracosan Transport, Demolisher Cannon = 165pts

-- Dracosan Transport = 135pts

Auxilia Infantry Tercio;

-- Veletaris Storm Section = 115pts

Iron Warriors Allied Detachment

Allied HQ

Legion Praetor; Paragon Blade, Warsmith (Warlord Trait; Shatter Defenses, Rite of War; Hammer of Olympia) = 125pts

Allied Troops

Legion Tactical Squad = 150pts

Allied Fast Attack

Legion Storm Eagle Gunship, Single Missile Launcher, Two Twin-linked Lascannons = 255pts

Allied Heavy Support

Legion Fire Raptor; Reaper Autocannon Battery = 210pts

Legion Fire Raptor; Reaper Autocannon Battery = 210pts

This is a bit of a rules abusive list;

The Rites of War are not particularly clear with regards to allies. It states that it only affects the Primary Detachment, but then can affect the secondary detachment if it's taken for an Allied Detachment. Very poorly written, I hates it, I does. To allow the allied detachment Rite of War, is abuses the first rule. In this instance, I've assumed a stance of perhaps RAW that Allied Detachments can benefit from Rite of War, and that they meant to state that the Rite only applies to the detachment it was selected for.

The second abuse is that the Dracosan Transports taken for Infantry Tercio's do not actually have to have squads to put in them - the rules for Tercio's state that 1-3 Dracosans can be taken for an Infantry Tercio. I personally believe this to be intentional, although as noted above, may be down to the writers not actually knowing the rules that they are writing. However, the differences between the Dedicated Transport and Special Fortifications (the latter including "may also take a single [ADL] for each section in the Tercio") are is different enough for me to hinge the argument on that until Conquest gets its FAQ.

That said, for the meanwhile, I have Enginseer Auxilia units mounted in the empty Dracosans, using Lascannons and Demolisher Cannons to put big big holes in things. The Grenade Launchers are equipped with Frag and Krak as standard, but also have "Tempest" rounds which to put bluntly, are absolutely amazing. They have Haywire. While direct fire non blast, and only BS3, they shred heavy vehicles. If I get to stay still for a turn, well, that's where the Graviton Guns come in and just completely annihilate armoured targets.

The Veletaris are obvious volkite spam.

Then, when the Flyers come on (I couldn't really find room for the Reroll Fortification. Dropping either the TL Lascannons and/or Demolisher Cannons isn't much fun, stuff really begins to get fun.

Ohhhhh that's nasty! I like it! The dracosan's are a great model and your min/max raw is a mad genius stroke! ;)... That's a lot of big av AFVs heading down range while the flying circus of dakka death strafes the field. Perhaps termis in the eagle for a hard as nails hammer unit?

Looks like fun from your end of the dice;)

If you take a Warsmith you need to be careful, If he buys it he gives up 2 VP's. But yeah this looks absolutely hysterical to play on your end. I would be afraid of anyone that brings alot of Anti-Tank at range. Iron Warriors and Iron Hand legions so far. Iron hands could take you for a whirl. Once your guys are out of the vehicles they die VERY quickly.

EDIT: I just looked over my HH:LACL book. you only have access to the Master of the Legion SR if they are the armies warlord, and they only affect the primary detachment. IMHO you cant take the Hammer of Olympia RoW because they are an allied detachment and not the primary detachment. Your theory of the squishyness of the Primary/Aliied detachment is moot because of the book 4 stuff about taking allies and the Force-Org for 30k. it states that you can take a primary detachment using the AoD force org and then take a secondary detachment of allies and a detachment of 2 knights using the Knight List.

I argued with myself over the wording of the Master of the Legion, but having read that the next paragraph states that an Allied detachment can take a different Rite of War I believe this to be in error writing; i am in the process of writing up a complete list of errors and sending them off to FW.

For example, to read to the same level of RAW, there is nothing which actually allows you to take Allied Detacents of a different faction. Curse playing D&D too much in my youth. Still, I'm currently working in a city lawyers office to find errors in text documents which allow legal loopholes like such, so it is a bit unfair to a bunch of neckbeards sat in an office playing with resin spacemen :P.

I like the list a lot.

Solar Auxilia are proving to be a really strong army, especially when allied with other forces to pick up the slack in the anti-air department. The Dracosans are pretty tough for a number of legion armies to effectively deal with.

The Engineseer Auxilia are a solid choice what with the tempest rounds on the grenade launcher. It's just a shame they're the only unit readily able to take them. I would love if there was an option for the Veletaris Storm Sections to take them.

The Dracosan transport ruling isn't abusive as far as I'm concerned. It's written as such so that you can take up to three per tercio, but remembering that they are still dedicated transports. All that means is you'll be deploying the Enginseers behind the Dracosans and then embarking upon them on the first turn. But I'm sure you already knew that.

It's a good list but I wouldn't find it too difficult to play against at this points level. Certainly a number of legion lists, especially less competitive lists will struggle with this army and the armour it brings. My main concern for this list at this points level is alpha strike lists (Alpha Legion/Raven Guard orbital assault/w allies), Questoris Knight lists and barrage heavy pieplate lists. I would cringe to see what you had left on the board after a Typhon heavy Iron Warriors list took the first turn!

Whilst I'm not suggesting it for this list, have you had a chance to play around with the Malcador Infernus with chem ammo yet? That thing is an absolute monster.

Archived