Paint it Black: A Chaos WIP

Akylas

Hi Everyone,

This is going to be a wip thread for my Black Legion warband the Hands of Fate. I started these guys in the ETL last year but a job change and painting fatigue got to me. I'm ready to get them going again and planning to use this log to track progress and keep the momentum up this time, as well as collecting what horribly written bits of fluff I might manage. tongue.png

First, a little background. The Hands of Fate are a primarily Tzeentch aligned warband, with some Slaaneshi and Undivided elements. Their origins are somewhat mysterious, with tales among the menials claiming that to better imitate their mutable god the warband's focus and leadership changes quite frequently. Most recently some two thousand years ago, during a time in which the warband nearly saw itself destroyed, a sorcerer known only as the "Master" asserted his leadership. The band's fortunes have been up and down in the centuries since, with the Master guiding them through his visions and supposed communions with their deity.

The band claims no direct line to any of the legions of old, and will accept both hoary veterans and thin blooded babes as the Master wills.

Without further ado, the warband thus far:

First I present The Changed. Considered (primarily by themselves) the most devout worshippers of Tzeentch among the warband, aspiring champion Hamet only accepts into his squad those blessed by a mark of mutation.

Aspiring Champion Hamet

gallery_62370_9693_54898.jpg

The Changed

gallery_62370_9693_210051.jpg

Squad Plasma Gunners Dagyr and Gunnar. Dagyr was lucky enough to wake up one day with that fancy tentacle but Gunnar earned his place in a boarding action against the Sons of Guilliman back in M37. After frying his face off when his plasma gun overcharged he got right back up and continued to unload shots into the loyalists.

gallery_62370_9693_65054.jpg

Janos, Biker Lord of Slaanesh and leader of the Decadent Prince's small cult within the warband.

gallery_62370_9693_41712.jpg

gallery_62370_9693_20434.jpg

Finally, my current project. A mere several hundred years ago remnants of the 85th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors were "rescued" by the Hands after the latter followed one of the Master's vision. Now they often find themselves bulking out armies in some of the warband's bloodiest battles.So far they have remained loyal, if only because they are badly outnumbered and lack transportation of their own.

Nominal leader of the remnants 1st Sergeant Agrios.

gallery_62370_9693_7028.jpg

Agrios is often found leading the Breechtakers, a squad known for charging forward in their rhino to bring death by combat blade and melta to the defenders of any weak point exposed in a siege. Because of their high turnover rate many of the menials of the warband refer to them as the Forlorn Hope, but only when they are certain they cannot be heard.

gallery_62370_9693_88162.jpg

gallery_62370_9693_112053.jpg

Archived