++Daemon Forge I - Sorcerer++

Kinda feel like I'm cheating but here's my Chaos Sorcerer, the Blood Mage Corvus Narkaaroth.

http://i.imgur.com/oyNTDvx.jpg?2

Leader of my Crimson Slaughter Warband, Narkaaroth takes a keen interest in the creation of Daemon Engines and is shall we say an admirer of Fabius Biles work.....

Being bad never looked so good. cool.png

Aiming for a homage of sorts to this...

gallery_63428_9407_10956.png

I began to gather my bitz and get to work...

gallery_63428_9407_40693.jpg

Removing a knife from that Dark Elf witch hand, drilling it out and gently prying it wider and wider to fit a filed-down Flagellant scroll has been the most nerve-wracking bit of work I've done in a while.

As I have no spare pointing right hands, he's getting that nice bolt pistol.

The lower body will all be GS.

Thanks for the suggestions (I'm out of likes).
I don't want to spend more money on minis for bitz so this weekend I'm going to see what snake-like toys I can find to greenstuff over. A nice rearing-up cobra would be nice. If not then I'll do something with pipe to take up the bulk of the lower half.

EDIT: today's work.

med_gallery_63428_9407_122337.jpg

I won't get any more done until the weekend and my toy hunt. smile.png

And this guy - former chief librarian Holusiax - now features in some fiction: my entry for this week's Inspiration Friday. smile.png

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/301953-inspirational-friday-30012015/?p=3940041

40kChris, Chaeron, thank you!

Those helstrider shoulder pads look quite nice on marines don't they?

Indeed they do!

I'd been meaning to save them for cultist champions but I think more marines will get them from now onwards.

Ok, my Terminator Lord/Sorcerer kit has arrived. So I have a question. Force Axe, Force Staff or should I steal somewhere a Force Sword?

Personally I favour Force Axe, not because of the mechanics, but because it's the most Chaotic style weapon choice.

And axe it is. Usually I worry about initiative levels when comes to close combat but tend to forget that I usually mark my Terminator Lords/Sorcerers with Mark of Tzeentch thus I have a 4++ save against all those hidden Power Fists etc. Also since it is Instant Death once "Force" is activated that AP2 can really be the bane of many of the toughest characters who rely on a 2+ Artificer Armor for the base save thus forcing them to burn ++ saves. 

In my experience I have seen my Sorcerers kill way more than my Lords... maybe because I am a devout follower of Tzeentch. 

How many may we exactly present? I'm pretty fond of all of my Sorcerers wub.png

It was aim to be one Sorcerer. But this is the first Daemon Forge, allow me to know what to do for future once & it just to see cool hobby, feel free to post them up.

I'll try get photo new photo of my Terminator Sorcerer & get them posted later today.

A couple of sorcerer updates...

yesterday's work:

gallery_63428_9407_17727.jpg

Tail made. A bit of ribbing on the belly.

And today's:

med_gallery_63428_9407_47672.jpg

Slaanesh jewelry added to chest (Oyumaru mould, Hellstrider piece), lip added to tail.

I'll be adding some studs to the cuff of the pistol hand's glove, and round the lip of the tail next time (while the original had studs down a fair bit of the tail I think I'll start with a ring of them round the lip and see how that looks. Perhaps add more after that).

I'll also be adding a CSM side-rag and holster/grenades on the left, perhaps a book on the right side too.

Nice, Kierdale, the sorcerer will be awesome when he will be painted. 

As for my small contribution:

http://shrani.si/f/2e/KH/2C21ebIe/img20150212204351.jpg

The pieces are basecoated and ready to be painted. This is actually the first model that I am going to paint before assembling it. Usually I leave only the weapons off so I can reach the chest area but in this case I plan to paint my sorcerer with the help of struts and a stage by stage process. We will see how it will turn out.

In fluff this sorcerer is a former epistolary of the Sons of Horus, who being part of a reserve company did not see much action but he was invaluable with this talent for telepathy, allowing his commander to coordinate the forces both on ground and in the void. His salient point was when during a compliance action he was the closest epistolary to the zone where Horus descended with his honor guard and my sorcerer did act as a liaison between the Primarch and the forces of the Imperial Army earning a small accolade for transmitting for full three days without rest whilst battling the interference of the eldar witches. 

Soon this sorcerer will have a face and a story but what troubles me is that I cannot find a suitable name for him. He is of Chtonia but I have yet to figure which is the "naming convention" for the Sons of Horus and the names listed in the Wiki are of little help. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions on the matter?

Lot of really cool models & only a few weeks left.  I'll annouce the next theme/model for Daemon Forge next week & date that will be starting.

So here my Sorcerer I painted back around Nov time.  After a game that Rapid Fire, my oppent was talk to me about useing a Sorcerer with Lord Narach & his unit of Terminators bodyguard to help them out a bit more.  Since getting the model converted & painted, he been doing really well in the games.  It make for a really cool unit to use in games & now pretty much a big part of my army list in games over 1500pts so 1750pt to 1850pts game he added to the list right away.

So here Sorcerer Nârik Gharrok, Herald of the 5th Grand Company.  I'll try get photo of him during the day light tomorrow.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Iron%20Warriors/DSC09299_zpsfhc84ujt.jpg

Archived