Iron Warriors Terminator List, Competitive?

gmaleron

Hello everyone once again. After selling off my Imperial Fists stuff to my twin brother I am in a position where I can start any Legion I choose, and right now the one I'm leaning towards the most is Iron Warriors so me and my twin brother have a rivalry. While looking through their rules I saw how awesome their Tyrant Terminators are and the fact that one of the special characters makes standard Terminators troops that got me thinking, how viable with a terminator army be out of the Iron Warriors rules? when broken down:

-A squad of x10 Tyrant Terminators can put 20 Krak or Frag Missiles downrange a turn making them both lethal against armor and infantry. On top of that you can take four squads of them!

-With standard Terminators as Troops equip them with a Plasma Blaster and use them to move up the field with artillery supporting them or tanks as they can take for Heavy Support choices with their Rite of War.

Looking at this it seems like it would be a pretty solid army with enough firepower to handle almost anything, just curious what your guys thoughts are on this and thanks for posting!

Very short on numbers, a plasma heavy opponent will make short work of you. That said my heavy list is all termies and heavy vehicles with an Iron Havoc unit tossed in for more missiles. It is incredibly fun, but its the only 30k list I have run that I have lost a game with, which in my case was a good thing. It was against Dark Eldar in case you were wondering.

Tyrants are target number one after they fire for the first time. No one wants to be on the receiving end of them. Mine are in teams of 5.

Archived