Would you buy third party miniatures?

Lord Lee

So it's a bit of an odd question but with GW pretty much ignoring the Sisters of Battle I'm interested

If there was a credible 3rd party multi part miniature line of Sister of Battle like models would you buy them and if not why?

Lord Lee.

I'd have to say no to "substitute Sisters", no matter how good and/or cheap they were. I've loved the Sisters for a long time. The look they have is pretty much perfect, not just for the army itself, but for the setting they inhabit as well. Anything less would just be a poor imitation by comparison.

When it comes to sculpting and casting minis B&C has some jewels buried in the archives. It's a shame that those are for personal use only... I'd definetly be interested in some of the fine space ladies or occasional demon or ... you get the idea.

Still all my minis are of the highest standard of overly priced pewter and 100% original made in the UK plastic.

Altough the current dreadful sitsuation of sisters has made me to have a look at ebay and then shortly on how to make molds and cast minis.... I have one sister superior with a power maul.. I'd very much like to have an other one, maybe 2 but the prices on ebay are just...

I have experimented with a few cool looking ones on ebay but to be honest once you have them they don't match and are much poorer quality.

I had intended to use a couple I bought for statues and in the end I don't even think they are good enough to be suitable for being dry brushed Grey...

Hmmm, how to put this ...

I buy models because I like the way they look and like the theme they present. If they are knock-off Sisters of Battle that look just like GW models, why would I buy them? That theme has already been done. If I like the way they look, I might buy some. If it just happens to fit with my Sisters, that's OK.

However I wont buy a model just because I could use it as an Adepta Sororitas; I have well over a hundred of those already. Since a knock-off is not bringing anything original as their theme it woud actually be a mark aginst me buying them. They would have to look fantactic.

Sci-fi women warriors can be done in vastly different ways. Wow me and then we'll talk.

By the time I was interested enough in 'Warhammer 40,000' to actually pay for models (Space Wolves Terminators were my first purchase), 5th edition was in the middle of its run, and any Adepta Sororitas models to be had, were long sold out. I would rather have Games Workshop originals, but my current financial status is one major limitation to further purchases; availability is another, and I can't buy Adepta Sororitas models if they're not being sold. I'll certainly buy third party miniatures if 1) that's all I can afford, or 2) that's all that's available.

Such is life. If Games Workshop doesn't want me to spend money on Company B's "Female Space Marines", then they should spend the money to 1) hire artists to sculpt new Adepta Sororitas models, e.g., a Saint Celestine who's holding a pistol instead of that stupid bird, 2) make new molds and cast plastic Adepta Sororitas, ones that are cheaper to purchase than the pewter models 3) promote the "New Adepta Sororitas", i.e., ADVERTISE, so if I want models, I can just go to the local game store, instead of purchasing online (I had bad experiences with people stealing my credit card information, after I used the card for online purchases).

Games Workshop should add a pistol- bolt, plasma, Infernus (melta), whatever- to Saint Celestine's wargear. At the very least, she needs the ability to provide suppressive fire, so she can get within arm's reach (sword's reach) of the enemy; a flamer (which her sword can double as) doesn't have the range to do so.

You realise that an Inferno Pistol has shorter range than a flamer, right? tongue.png (Yes, we call them Inferno pistols down here in the Sisters forum, we're quite familiar with the things really) As for the others, a 4" range increase really isn't important to a jump infantry character.

I apologize for my ignorance regarding the weapons' range- I don't play often. But fluff-wise, it makes sense for Celestine- for any Adepta Sororitas leader, in fact- to carry a pistol, for the same reason it makes sense for a real-world military officer to carry such a weapon. And unlike a sword, an Infernus pistol will reliably kill tanks.

Raging Heroes? No thanks... I don't think I'd ever consider third party. I'm a bit of a traditionalist maybe, but to me Sisters are very distinctive which is an important part of the army and I've yet to see another take that cuts it. I could change my mind if someone does something good enough, but I can't see that happening.

There will be a kickstarter with models that look similar to the sororitas from Raging Heroes. There are even some concepts on their page already.

We've actually been hearing about that almost as long as we've been hearing that plastic Sisters are just sitting on a shelf all ready to ship...

There will be a kickstarter with models that look similar to the sororitas from Raging Heroes. There are even some concepts on their page already.

We've actually been hearign about that almost as long as we've been hearing that plastic Ssiters are just sitting on a shelf all ready to ship...

To be fair, Raging Heroes has always said that their project was a while out. Much of it was sharing concept sketches and gauging interest. They've only recently stated giving firmer times, and even that has been late this year. 

Goes well into the midset of waiting for plastic sisters.
About a week ago I found an article that seemed promising at first. Then I noticed that it was dated late 2010 and it rumoured about 2012....

Archived