750 Blood Angel Zone Mortalis

Brother Heinrich

Hey everyone, 

So with my group starting heresy they all wanted to start small and build to 1750 for the really fun games. That said we also want to still incorporate space battles in our future campaigns, so I'm going to build a 2x2 ZM board to suit that purpose. We've all decided to 750 point forces since that allows for some fun model choice in addition to the basics. Here's the list I cooked up, let me know what you all think or what might work better/be more fluffy.

HQ:

• Centurion Siege Breaker - Cataphractii Armor, Thunder Hammer, 1x Phosphex Bomb, Volkite Charger

Elites:

• 5x Cataphractii Legion Terminators - 4x Volkite Chargers, 1x Heavy Flamer, 5x Power Axes

• Contemptor Dreadnought - 2x CCWs, Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor

Troops:

• Legion Tactical Squad - 10x Marines, Sgt w/Artificer Armor & Powerfist, Vexila

Total: 750 

Phosphex Bombs? In ZM? Thats nasty... I LIKE IT

Since its ZM, Spam as many Template/Flamer weapons you can. Maximize on that shred and confined spaces!

I think that, while expensive, Destroyers with a Rad-Missile Launcher might also be a good choice; something to consider.

Yeah, theres that...

Are you using the Attackers FoC that doesnt have compulsory troops but elites instead? You could roll with a full Atramentar ZM force. But then, someone would have to run Defenders FoC...

No, its just me being tired and not reading the Title. :p

These are one of the few game modes where Breachers are actually decent due, in part, to Void-Hardened Armor and Defensive Grenades from The Boarding Shield. They can also take special weapons; melta being decently useful to bust doors open if needed and Dreadnoughts dont have armored ceramite.

Or Graviton for the bubble of Dangerous Terrain it leaves behind. Couple that with Phosphex and, well, thats some nastiness right there.

Are you taking 2 Heavy Flamers on the Dread or just one? I assume two, so thats all good.

If you do take the FoC with HQ + Elites as compulsory, you could use your single HS slot for a Heavy Flamer Squad devil.gif Or more Terminators.

Was thinking it was pretty ballsy of you to run the Siege Breaker with a Thunder Hammer without and invulnerable save, then I noticed he also had Cataphractii armour :P Would it not be better and a little cheaper to take a Chain Fist instead so you can cut through doors and stuff and still insta-kill marines? Then you might have more points for flamers and phosphex (Tactical Sarge could get a combi-flamer maybe). 

Alright, so here's the tweaks to the list:

Legion: Blood Angels (Furious Charge)

HQ:
• Centurion Siege Breaker - Tartaros Pattern Armor, Chainfist, 1x Phosphex Bomb, Volkite Charger
Elites:
• 5x Tartaros Legion Terminators - 4x Volkite Chargers, 1x Heavy Flamer, 5x Power Axes
• Contemptor Dreadnought - 2x CCWs, 2x Heavy Flamer
Troops:
• Legion Tactical Squad - 10x Marines, Sgt w/Artificer Armor & Powerfist, Vexila

Total: 750pts

So in total the list has 3 Heavy Flamers, 5 Volkite Chargers and 10 Bolters.  Each unit has the ability to dish out str8 or higher attacks to break open bulkheads, and the Terminators all have the ability to chop other TEQs with their axes.  The Siegebreaker also has a single phosphex bomb to lock down a hallway/deny charges.  

Archived