Iron Warriors: Terminator Vanguard Assault 3000pts.

gmaleron

Hello guys once again! Thanks to growing popularity with Horus Heresy within my area as many of you know I have been contemplating which Legion to play with and have been toying with a few including Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Night Lords. However as I dug deeper I came across the Iron Warriors and instantly became a fan of their "Accomplish the Mission no matter what" attitude. Along with that, continuously being relied upon with zero reward with no questions asked. With that being said I am a fan and have already purchased a few Sicarians and Medusas to go along with my army. The theme I am going for is one taken right of their "Special Terminators" fluff, a vanguard assault force spearheading their way into the breach with Terminators and Armor. As usual let me know what you guys think and thanks for posting!

RITE OF WAR:

-Pride of the Legion

HQ:

-Praetor

*w/ Cataphracti Terminator Armor, Iron Halo, Nanyte Blaster, Paragon Blade

-Centrurion

*w/ Siege Breaker , Combi-Bolter, Power Weapon

TROOPS:

-x5 Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad

*w/ x1 Combi-Weapon

-x7 Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad

*w/ x1 Combi-Weapon

*w/ Combi-Weapon

*w/ Combi-Weapon

*w/ Combi-Weapon

HEAVY SUPPORT:

-Sicarian Battle Tank

*w/ Heavy Bolters

-Sicarian Battle Tank

*w/ Heavy Bolters

-Artillery Tank Squadron

*w/ x3 Legion Medusas

(*With or Without Phosphex Shells will vary*)

TOTAL ARMY: 3000 POINTS

Arent only regular terminator squads(of both armor types) eligible to be troops under the RoW? I haven't read that other types are available for this purpose.

Legion specific terminators can be used if they are Elites according to the LACAL books (so you cannot do it using Grave Wardens as they are heavy support.)

Reyner has it.

Having said that, with that many Terminators, Perturabo in exchange for the Praetor, and a Medusa means you need to possibly shave a couple of models from the list. This gives them all Deep Strike, and reserves from the first turn.

I'm not sold on Medusa having to swap to Phosphex Shells - you lack heavy AT, as daft as it sounds. 14 Krak Missiles is 9ish hits, and only 1 or maybe 2 will glance - not a good return on the most dangerous tanks like Spartans etc. While you can take several units, it's a big investment; 1200 pts to kill a Spartan and maybe not even then. Taking an Aegis line with a Reserves Reroll is better. 

It is an idea however I am staying away from deep striking as I'd rather have all the models on the table right off the bat to put more shots down range. also eventually I will probably pick up Perturabo and expand my army to about 5000 points so this is just the core portion of my collection. Also in regards to the Medusa's the shells will vary depending upon who I am facing, not necessarily tailoring but just to mix it up.

Archived