Feel Good Moment #1

Chefzilla

Feel good moment #1. Going against the Archenemy and in a 1500 point he spends over 400 points to bring Be'Lakor. My opponent sits at the other side of the table all smug until I seize the initiative and hit him with a shot from my Vindicare and then the icing on the cake? I introduce him to my Culexus assassin. He was squealing so hard about overpowered units. Oh the irony.

I was fighting Chaos and my opponent had a 2+ cover save demon thing (not sure of the exact name) and 10 chosen with Cypher with a 2+ cover save too. When I ordered fire on my target to my two vet squads, each with 3 plasma guns, and started hitting him with my wyvern he got a bit of a surprise! Needless to say, they all died! The guard then proceeded to win the day by popping his defiler with my vanquisher and kill his 2 squads of nurgle melta bikes with a punisher and a volley of FRFSRF. 

Juicy stories indeed :lol: Glory to His Hammer! :D

For me its blasting an Eldars army off the board with such disdain they had no reply. Can't complain when your horde army suffers fewer casualties than an elite one. Artillery does win wars after all ;)

Juicy stories indeed laugh.png Glory to His Hammer! biggrin.png

For me its blasting an Eldars army off the board with such disdain they had no reply. Can't complain when your horde army suffers fewer casualties than an elite one. Artillery does win wars after all msn-wink.gif

You would think that our opponents would learn. Mine never do and they constantly complain about my Basilisks and Wyvrens. Even more so now that I've added a Master of Ordinance to my CCS. I love watching most the guys I go against putting all their infantry in to nice fat Rhinos. Thinking they're safe from my arty and I just chew them up with my lascannons and Vamquishers.

Feel good moments time? Oh yes:

Killing a DA biker with a laspistol - last round, very last shot - winning me the game.

Never ever forget that last laspistol / lasgun shot, it might take you from loosing to winning in a heartbeat!

Besides that:

Droppping pie plates on the enemy is always a feel good moment. I love the smell of artillery in the morning.

It wasn't me but it was a friend. His guard was going to get charged by some terminators next turn so he man's up and moves in to rapid fire them. He takes out everything but the last man...and them remembers his sergeant!

Rolls to hit *HIT!*

Rolls to wound *WOUND!*

Rolls to save *ONE!*

I shout out a, "You go boy!"

Vet squad is down to 7 guys with one Plasma Gun. Gets hit by Enfeeble so they're S2/T2. Terminator Librarian charges with another Terminator, and the Plasma Gun dies to kill the Terminator on Overwatch.

Librarian is still charging, Lasguns fire next. Couple of Hits, a single Wound. Opponent rolls a 1 for his Save and curses, but oh well, he's into combat now. He reveals his Librarian has a Force Axe, so he's going last. My Enfeebled Veterans attack. A few Hits...One Wound...The Librarian drops to a bayonet from an anaemic Guardsman.

I barely restrain the laughter as I hand him his Librarian - Warlord! - and Consolidate the unit. Suffice to say a very angry Land Raider Redeemer went after them the next turn!

Archived