Zone Mortalis RG 1k 2 lists

Nusquam

So my group and I are going to get into a Blood in the Void campaign. I'm deciding between two lists.

List A: "Calculated Murder"

(999pts)
Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List ((Zone Mortalis) Attacker) (999pts)
  • HQ (310pts)
    • Legion Centurion (155pts)

Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Cameleoline, Nanyte Blaster, Power Weapon

Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes, Uncontrolled Replication

• Consul

Delegatus, RoW Decapitation Strike

• Moritat-Prime Kaedes Nex (155pts)

Chain Fire, Counter-attack, Gunfighter, Ill-omened, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes, Relentless Stalker, The Raven's Vengeance

• Elites (689pts)
    • Apothecarion Detachment (45pts)

Legion Apothecary

Legiones Astartes

• Legion Destroyer Squad (340pts)

9x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only

Counter Attack, Legiones Astartes, Rad-phage

• Legion Destroyer Sergeant

Artificer Armour, 2x Phosphex Bombs, Power Weapon

Crawling Fire, Lingering Death

• Mor Deythan Strike Squad (304pts)

3x Combi-flamers, 4x Legiones Astartes Shotgun, Melta Bombs, 3x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web, 9x Mor Deythan

Fatal Strike, Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Scout, Stealth

• Legion
    • Legion Astartes

XIX: Raven Guard

Nex does Relentless Stalker to get in close and bypass Djinn Sight and Scanners. If my opponent holds anything he can target with it then he infiltrates normally. He then does his fell task of murdering anything that moves.

Delegatus and Apoth go with the Destoyers. They hunt infantry.

The Mor Deythan go for the tough target. Flamers for rending infantry, Krak for doors/MEQ/Dreads, and frags for GEQ-. Between their own rules like Infiltrate, Scout, Fatal Strike plus ZM rules, and potential Void warfare; whatever they look at is going to have a bad time.

Hit hard and fast.

The one thing that concerns me are Dreads, namely Contemptors. I shudder at the prospect of fighting a Hellfire Deredeo, especially with the shield mount. I can't imagine Cataphractii Termis with a 3++ backed up by a dread with a 4++.

List B: "The XIXth Legion Shipkillers: The Fire Ants"

(998pts)
  • HQ (240pts)
    • Legion Centurion (135pts)

Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Cameleoline, Combi-Melta, Power Axe

Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes

• Consul Praevian - Cortex Controller, Cortex Designator
      • Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple (225pts)

3x Vorax

Cybernetica Cortex, Fleet, Scout, Legiones Astartes

• Legion Centurion (105pts)

Artificer Armour, Cameleoline, Combat Shield

• Consul

Chaplain

Zealot, Crozium Axe

• Elites (535pts)
    • Legion Destroyer Squad (330pts)

9x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only

Artificer Armour, Phosphex Bombs, Power Axe

• Mor Deythan Strike Squad (203pts)
      • 3x Combi-flamer, Legiones Astartes Shotgun, Melta Bombs, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web, 5x Mor Deythan
        • Fatal Strike, Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Scout, Stealth

• Legion
    • Legion Astartes

This one is less based on Alpha Strikes and more for dirty fighting in ship corridors. Various and sundry blasts.

The new Praevian is great and we easily have one of the best Legion Inductee rules for the unit he forms; Infiltrate and Fleet. He and the Vorax infiltrate or outflank based on need.

5 S7 ranged attacks for the occasional dread. If needed the Vorax can smash. That Deredeo still worries me. Potentially infiltrate and outflank can get better angles on it and outmaneuver it.

Chaplain goes with the Destroyers and keeps them fighting.

Thoughts?

Infiltrating fleet vorax.... You are a monster lol

That's the fourth time somebody has called me that. Love it.

Still concerned about dreads. Considering dropping a ML on the Destroyers in list 2 to give them meltabombs, even with ceremite, that's upwards of 10 S8 AP1 attacks.

Melta bombs have "armor bane" not "melta" so ceramite does nothing to stop them msn-wink.gif

That's right! I knew there was something I was missing. Today has been a trial of braining.

OK List 2, Destroyers swap a ML for Meltabombs. A little less in the way of AP, but in CC they will do well, even at planting meltabombs, due to Zealot.

I like it too. Ever since i saw some painted vorax I wanted to justify taking them. this new Consul does that for me. Though unless I take Praetor I can't take decapitation strike RoW due to the one consul restriction. That's at least 40 points I would have to shift. Though infiltrate and outflank in a ZM game do mitigate the risks that come with going second on a normal battlefield.

Edit: Just double-checked something. Castellax are on the same base as the Vorax; 60mm. I always thought they were a size up. So they are legal for ZM. They cost more but are tougher, have a better save, and invul save, and have better shooting, plus our Praevian gives them infiltrate and fleet. For an extra 10 points per model, that's hard to pass up.

But the name of the list was so cool ha.

Shift around 30 points. Drop a Destroyer and an upgrade somewhere and take 3 Castellax stock. Or take 2 with Darkfires, a Siege Wrecker for some S10 goodness and drop a meltabomb. That's 4 S7 AP2 Lance shots for dreads, and a KO punch in CC.

v2 of the list:

Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List ((Zone Mortalis) Attacker) (998pts)
  • HQ (240pts)
    • Legion Centurion (135pts)

Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Cameleoline, Combi-Melta, Power Weapon

• ConsulPraevian
        Cortex Controller, Cortex Designator
      • Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple (230pts)

Cybernetic Resiliance, Cybernetica Cortex, Programmed Behaviour, Rage, Reactor Blast

• Castellax

Darkfire Cannon

• Castellax

Darkfire Cannon, Siege Wrecker*

• Legion Centurion (105pts)

Artificer Armour, Cameleoline, Combat Shield

• Consul

Chaplain

Zealot, Crozium Axe

• Elites (528pts)
    • Legion Destroyer Squad (330pts)

9x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, Melta Bombs, Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only

Artificer Armour, Phosphex Bombs, Power Axe

• Mor Deythan Strike Squad (198pts)

3x Combi-flamer, Legiones Astartes Shotgun, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web, 5x Mor Deythan

Fatal Strike, Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Scout, Stealth

• Legion
    • Legion Astartes

Can definitely take on dreads and a bit better all around. Those dorito dreads are no joke.

Now I need to think of a snappy name since I'm sans-bugbots now. I think in the future when I have a dedicated AdMech army I'll include vorax and they can be a part of some Kiavahr force used for ship-to-ship boarding actions. Just love the models.

Archived