Cretheus

Hey Guys.. would like some thoughts... i tried out alot of techniques i dont normally use on this so really was a labour of love

but as always C&C is always welcome....

So without further introduction...

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/sevatar1_zpsbc3331b1.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q535/jasonfgc/sevatar2_zps78b95641.jpg

aww thanks dude..... and by no means do wanna seem like i'm putting the forgeworld painters down as I am sure their skills far surpass mine but i dont really like the way they paint faces.... they always seem very flat to me.... considering the models themselves have so much character....

@ Brother Chaplain Kage - no the face wasn't intentionally meant to look like the crow but.... now you mention it.. it kind of does but I ain't complaining it came out how i wanted it to but on closer examination theres a couple of high light i want to add in....

@Retributis..... Sorry no red gauntlets. there is a reason though as i wanted the attention to be the face of the model and everything else to frame it hence the more muted tones etc.. a grittier edge was what i was going for though i think i want to ad i final fine highlight to the lightning,,,

At first I didn't like the white on the face until I realized that it was a skull.  It does a good job of making that face sinister which I think is tough, but it does kinda edge towards a Brandon Lee feel.  That said, it's a great job, though I think the red gauntlets would serve to further highlight the model instead of detracting from the face.  Awesome job, overall.

Thanks very much guys... I have just seen a othe completed sevatar.... And well I've got an idea to put the red gauntlet on... As it's the one consistent criticism that I have been getting so... I guess it's got to be done... The pale complexion was deliberate as it automatically adds a sinister look to the model while being fluffy to the night lords. I'm glad people are liking it though!

you've definately done it justice mate. Especially the head, as you know i was all for the helmet, just because i tend towards helmets but thats mainly becuase im an amature painter so faces (particularly eyes with my shakey hands) scare me. nailed it bud. cant wait to face him up close and personal! (the last game we played doesnt count as you'd already anhilated my wolf lord down to one wound lol).

Archived