"The God-Emperor will know His own." A Badab side project

DimDim

Hello all, and welcome to my second B&C WIP plog!

In this edition we will be looking at my attempts to keep my mind from straying from my original and ongoing project of my horus heresy imperial fists by keeping a smaller project on the side to do whenever I begin to lose gas on that project. So here is my little driver, the Badab project.

med_gallery_82040_10175_332815.jpg

In this plog ill be posting wip and completion shots of single models of *hopefully* all chapters involved in the Badab conflict. Dont expect frequent updates, but I will try to post when I can. Emperor save us all.

Completions:

+Sons Of Medusa

Very cool idea thumbsup.gif

Want to ramp it up a bit? Design a diorama base that pits the Loyalists vs. The Successionists.

Cheers,

Jono

Thanks! That actually was my original plan, but if you look at the different sides of the conflict there are way, and I mean WAY more loyalists than secessionists. I thought maybe of a last stand of the secessionists , and I may still consider it.

Anywho, here is an update on the SOM, and a look at my "realistic" conservative weathering. I love the look of weathered marines, but im not a super huge fan of marines who look like they dont know how to service their armour as the paint peels off every inch of it. I understand it is the future, and boltgun rounds do detonate shrapnel everywhere, but i doubt every marine should look like he jumped into a vat of acid biggrin.png

med_gallery_82040_10175_34635.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_13939.jpg

Being raised in a family of ex soldiers and having a interest in military history and modelling I learned over the years from my father, uncle (Canadian infantrymen) and grandfather (airborne) many things about infantry service straight down to where it hurt, and where they're gear got dinged. It was always at points of interaction, and any points which stuck out like helmets, knee's or kneepads, and elbows. If you apply that to a space marine and take into account the giant shoulder pauldrons as a point that sticks out, the areas I marked out should be the areas most affected.

I also tried for a black soot ash world weathering on the feet (not yet applied to the base.)

What do you guys think?

DimDim

+Initializing tactical display......

+3876...

+Display active.

+Welcome to the front Brother Mistras.

med_gallery_82040_10175_50355.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_22498.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_7355.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_16678.jpg

gallery_82040_10175_16259.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First one done! after the photo's ive noticed a lack of definition in the backpack which will be altered in free time, and ive yet to find transfers, but none the less that is an initial completion!

Free hug to the brother(or sister) who can guess who the next chap is fighting for:

med_gallery_82040_10175_2069.jpg

he is a lamenter....if the blood angels parts didnt tip you off enough smile.png

DimDim

That's a great looking Son of Medusa, love the weathering.

The Lamenter looks like he's going to be brilliant, can't wait to see how he shapes up! Quite envious of this project, there are quite a few Badab war chapters I'd very much like to take a shot at myself. Looking forward to seeing an Astral Claw and a Star Phantom in the future...

Archived