balanced themed csm armies

Forgot about the BS 5 Melta shot & flamer the WP brings? Or was that another joke?

It wasn't there is no way for him to be in effective range of either. Now if he could join the raptors, then it would be something different[am ignoring for a second the whole why take raptors anyway thing].

Why MoT and not MoN on the mutas?

Why the 1ksons at all, eat up a lot of points and the list doesn't need str 4 weapons.Why it does lack fast moving units. taking 2 csm squads in rhinos would be better.

what does the vindi do int he list ?

MoT because it's a Tzeentch list, not a Nurgle list

Sons, because its a Thousand Sons list.

The idea with the Vindicator is to move forward with the cultists, acting to draw fire away from the Sicarans in the first turn, and to act as some moving cover. That being said it's the weakest element of the list I feel. I've been considering replacing it with something more punchy like rapier batteries, or faster like spawn, not sure which I'd go for. I like my tentacle vindicator a lot, but he doesn't usually manage to do a whole lot.

It doesn't seem to be a very tzeenchy list. More like a IW fit all FW units I could find in to one list army one. MoT gives little to nothing to the obltis, they should have little problem with having +4cover and being t5 and not 4 is huge for a 2w model.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an upcoming tournament that I'm interested in going to which you basically win by that sort of themed composition. I'm still unsure of what I might take, but the winner will be decided through the person who finishes in the middle, rather than just at the top - encouraging people to use more balanced lists with nuanced choices - and a really interesting campaign pack. Definitely different!

On that note, I will almost certainly use my Death Guard and try to come up with something that's vaguely balanced - on the lines of probably a core of maybe three Plague Marine units of the favoured number in Rhinos, some small Cultists squads as back up, and then a cheaper Lord and fill the rest of the points with creativity. Trying to get that perfect synergy would obviously be difficult, but I think it'd look cohesive at least and win points there!

There's an upcoming tournament that I'm interested in going to which you basically win by that sort of themed composition. I'm still unsure of what I might take, but the winner will be decided through the person who finishes in the middle, rather than just at the top - encouraging people to use more balanced lists with nuanced choices - and a really interesting campaign pack. Definitely different!

On that note, I will almost certainly use my Death Guard and try to come up with something that's vaguely balanced - on the lines of probably a core of maybe three Plague Marine units of the favoured number in Rhinos, some small Cultists squads as back up, and then a cheaper Lord and fill the rest of the points with creativity. Trying to get that perfect synergy would obviously be difficult, but I think it'd look cohesive at least and win points there!

Interesting :)

So the player with the biggest group of friends has the highest chance to win, you could actualy encourge some people to draw/lose just to maximise the number of middle ranked players from your team. Or is there some mechanism to avoid that?

Archived