The Wilds - Tales from

paulJam

Good to see that you are continuing at break neck pace. Keep up the great work

thanks mate, i don't like moving the little guys around on the table without knowing where they came from smile.png

hopefully their tale isn't too trite.

p.s. if you're seeing too many spelling mistakes, grammar errors, bits that don't make sense, bad logic or really off lore please feel free to let me know.

the stories probably push the bounds of lore more than some people can handle but it's mainly deliberate. not an FU as such, it's just how i'm seeing the story unfold.

Good to see that you are continuing at break neck pace. Keep up the great work

thanks mate, i don't like moving the little guys around on the table without knowing where they came from smile.png

hopefully their tale isn't too trite.

p.s. if you're seeing too many spelling mistakes, grammar errors, bits that don't make sense, bad logic or really off lore please feel free to let me know.

the stories probably push the bounds of lore more than some people can handle but it's mainly deliberate. not an FU as such, it's just how i'm seeing the story unfold.

I still got a ways to catch up, but I wanted to say that this is definitely getting better and better. I think the inclusion of the different narrators, like the fruit seller and the

short-lived

ganger-cultist help with adding depth to the story. As far as divergence :) from the established fluff, I guess I see a broad trend of more professionalism from the Warriors then what is typically portrayed. For example, there is a lot more realistic training than chanting in prayer and penance. This seems appropriate to me though, given the Warband's character, and also more fitting of the consummate warriors space marines are supposed to be.

I still got a ways to catch up, but I wanted to say that this is definitely getting better and better. I think the inclusion of the different narrators, like the fruit seller and the

short-lived

ganger-cultist help with adding depth to the story.

after seeing you having so much fun with your casts of thousands i thought why the heck not :)

but seriously though the tangent perspectives that you have in calebra and shield were something i felt was missing from my own efforts even as i was writing them, so thanks for that.

i guess after solidifying the Warband's timeline a bit it is easier to let go of the 'stating historic events' and have some fun with the narrative aspect.

As far as divergence smile.png from the established fluff, I guess I see a broad trend of more professionalism from the Warriors then what is typically portrayed. For example, there is a lot more realistic training than chanting in prayer and penance. This seems appropriate to me though, given the Warband's character, and also more fitting of the consummate warriors space marines are supposed to be.

I'll read that as you're not finding them wildly unacceptable... and take it as a win. In generally the 'warrior monk' aspect that i feel is sometimes used leaves me a bit meh.

An underlying concept has to been explore what else a (genetic) Astartes can be.

are there only two options, Loyalist or Chaos? what happens without the constrains/backing of the Empire? Can their mindset deal with a lack of direction? can they make thier own path without 'going bad'?

there was a post not long ago discussing the 'stance' of 40k marines vs 30k marines and to grossly paraphrase i recall the concept that 30kers seemed to have more personality and a less rigid mindset, whereas 40kers were more mechanical and indoctrinated. having read the first few horus heresy books i found this to be portrayed well, and it was an aspect that was quite engaging, loken and garro were more than warrior monks, and that made them come to life for me anyway.

all good fun.

As a general note i noticed that i have written the Domor character as a Lieutenant in book 3 but his title is actually Commander. i have fixed this in my manuscript and it will be correct for the 'full doco' version.

last chapter due.... possibly tomorrow. hoping to get a game of Kill Team in tomorrow though so we'll see.

done... finally... woohoo!

not 100% happy with some of the latest but generally it describes where the Warband is at.

think i'll be taking a break from longs for the moment. have a couple of ideas for shorts to work on.

as the models are actually getting used (kill team happened and with the kraits even!) I might incorporate some of that into battle-report stories too.

now if i can just refrain from getting my butt handed to me all the time... come on dice gods !!

thanks dss7.

maybe i was looking in the wrong place but there seems to be little to no existing lore for these guys.

googling metamarines gets hits for marines, 'game meta' and boats.

kind of why i chose them though and am hoping i didn't contradict some secret stash of official fluff.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived