Horus and his teleportation matrix...

Ishagu

The book states that Horus and any attached Terminators can chose to deepstrike and won't scatter if they do so...

What if I join him to an infantry unit with jump packs? Can he still prevent their scatter and deepstrike as normal?

The book states that Horus and any attached Terminators can chose to deepstrike and won't scatter if they do so...

What if I join him to an infantry unit with jump packs? Can he still prevent their scatter and deepstrike as normal?

It specifies terminators so I'd say no.

But it also says he can do it solo... So would the jump pack unit cancell out the rule?

I'm looking at it slightly differently as normally Terminators can't deepstrike and that's why it makes a big deal about him joining a squad, but I guess I could be wrong.

But it also says he can do it solo... So would the jump pack unit cancell out the rule?

I'm looking at it slightly differently as normally Terminators can't deepstrike and that's why it makes a big deal about him joining a squad, but I guess I could be wrong.

He can do it solo too because he himself is equipped with Terminator armor. I'm also inferring that since the DS is by Teleportation, JP units aren't included since they DS by dropping down with their JPs.

Thats how I'd play it, in any case.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I wish the rules differentiated between teleporting and dropping down with a jump pack but alas it's all the same deepstrike either way... Maybe I'll email fw unless anyone else thinks it's a definite no?

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I wish the rules differentiated between teleporting and dropping down with a jump pack but alas it's all the same deepstrike either way... Maybe I'll email fw unless anyone else thinks it's a definite no?

There is a difference actually, but it is not declared in the rules. For example Thallaxes are jet packs, so they can deep strike the same way jump packs can. But still they can buy teleportation deep strike to be able to use that in Zone Mortalis. So this one should be similar.

When an Independent Character joins a unit, it might have different special rules from those of the unit. Unless specified in the rule itself (as in the Stubborn special rule), the unit’s special rules are not conferred upon the Independent Character, and the Independent Character’s special rules are not conferred upon the unit. Special rules that are conferred to the unit only apply for as long as the Independent Character is with them.

Because, as an IC, you are joining the unit, not the unit joining you, unless it explicitly states that you can (i.e, in this case attached Terminator unit; although that could do some rewording to fit the existing rules), then it's the unit Deep Striking, not Horus (in a roundabout way; he is obviously deepstriking, but that doesn't apply).

It's times like this that I wish that GW made a complete special rule for Teleporting special rule. 

Archived