1000 Raven Guards

Hammer of Olympia

Holla fellas

I'm building a 1000 points Raven guards,I'm playing againts 40k armies all the times.

Raven Guards (875pts)
Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (875pts)
  • HQ (95pts)
    • Legion Centurion (95pts)

Artificer Armour , Refractor Field 

Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes

• Consul (25pts)
        • Delegatus (25pts)

Rite of Command

• Master of the Legion

Chosen Duty

Master of the Legion

• Troops (250pts)
    • Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (125pts)

4x Legion Veteran Space Marines 

• Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (125pts)

4x Legion Veteran Space Marines 

• Elites (125pts)
    • Mor Deythan Strike Squad (125pts)

4x Mor Deythan 

• Heavy Support (405pts)
    • Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (210pts)

Reaper Autocannon battery

• Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (195pts)

Armoured Ceramite , Lascannons 

That Leaves 125 points to spent on.Any tips?

Depends how much of a tryhard you want. At this level, Raven Guard are the most powerful legion due to the damage that they can dish out especially against small forces.

The try hard answer is to pick up an Anvillus Dreadclaw.

You deploy in the Dreadclaw with you Delegatus and a Vet Tac Squad. The other Vet tac squad picks up a Missile Launcher, or a Nuncio and a 6th Member. If using missile, plink away at extreme range, firing on the move if necessary. If going for Nuncio, sit them well away from the enemy, out of line of sight, in cover, and gone to ground if possible. 1st turn, bring down the Anvillus in Zoom mode within range of the Nuncio, where it doesn't scatter

The Dreadclaw is sitting at extreme range, possibly with cover/night Fighting, and the requisite for Skyfire only weapons to be effective at dealing with it (i.e, at this level, only a Deredeo or two). It's gonig to survive with AV12 and 3HP, especially when it can start jinking. The Dreadclaw speeds around the battlefield, spending as much time as possible off the board if facing a Deredeo, before Deep Striking onto the opposite side. Meanwhile, you use the rest of your dudes coming in to kill things.

As tempting as it is to put the Mor Deythan in the pod, the most they can really achieve is to kill a HQ, getting Slay the Warlord. 1VP, versus 3VP.

I'd personally remove the Sicaran, take another Anvillus, and kit out the Mor Deythan with some Shotguns, Flamers and/or Combi-Flamers if you really want to ensure you're killing your opponent's unit (have the Mor Deythan come first, so that your objective scorers are facing the least amount of shots).

If you didn't kit out your other Vet tac squad, swapping the Sicaran leaves you with 120pts after that; +60 from dropping  3xMor Deythan for a 6 Man Squad; gives you 110pts for 2 Infiltrating Rapier Laser Destroyers, and 70pts for upgrades; 2 Flamers and 4 Shotguns is 28pts, 2 Flamers and 4 Combi-Flamers is 48pts, and 22pts for other stuff (2pts for Centurion to take a Bolter, 20pts of other stuff)

Remember that to be legal to take a Master of the Legion, you need 1,000pts, not 998, or what have you.

Anvillus deep strike in hover mode, last sentence of their Drop Pod Assault rule.

Here's what I said earlier on the matter:

I like the list. Feels like the kind of list the Delegatus was designed for.

You could give the Consul the Nanyte Blaster or combi-weapon for more firepower. Probably a Power Weapon just so he has a chance in CC.

Depends on what you want for your Mor Deythan. My go-to is mostly flamers with some melta. Both assault weapons, flamers rack up wounds and rending while meltas can pop transports. In this case I would probably do all flamers. You have a fair amount of AT as it is now. If you can get in close and get about 5ish hits per flamer then you'll kill more marines if they're in cover and around the same outside of cover vs combi-plasmas.

For the Vets: Fearless is never a bad option. Sniper isn't bad either. You should always have a Vex with them if you don't take Fearless. A ML with web is solid too. You can pick things off at range or keep moving, both with the ability to take on any type of target.

Also just realized what you meant about the 125 points left was the 125 to bump it up to 1,000. So you already know that the Delegatus needs 1k points. My b.

You can add rhinos to keep them mobile. They all can infiltrate them. Or just give one to the Mor Deythan. Then the Mor Deythan can scout within 12" of a target, turn one move 6", disembark 6" and Fatal Strike something. 5 combi-flamers and a rhino will leave you with 55 points. Which is enough for two plasma guns for the Vets and a Power Weapon for the Delegatus and few points for melta bombs or soemthing.

Anvillus deep strike in hover mode, last sentence of their Drop Pod Assault rule.

Here's what I said earlier on the matter:

I like the list. Feels like the kind of list the Delegatus was designed for.

You could give the Consul the Nanyte Blaster or combi-weapon for more firepower. Probably a Power Weapon just so he has a chance in CC.

Depends on what you want for your Mor Deythan. My go-to is mostly flamers with some melta. Both assault weapons, flamers rack up wounds and rending while meltas can pop transports. In this case I would probably do all flamers. You have a fair amount of AT as it is now. If you can get in close and get about 5ish hits per flamer then you'll kill more marines if they're in cover and around the same outside of cover vs combi-plasmas.

For the Vets: Fearless is never a bad option. Sniper isn't bad either. You should always have a Vex with them if you don't take Fearless. A ML with web is solid too. You can pick things off at range or keep moving, both with the ability to take on any type of target.

Also just realized what you meant about the 125 points left was the 125 to bump it up to 1,000. So you already know that the Delegatus needs 1k points. My b.

You can add rhinos to keep them mobile. They all can infiltrate them. Or just give one to the Mor Deythan. Then the Mor Deythan can scout within 12" of a target, turn one move 6", disembark 6" and Fatal Strike something. 5 combi-flamers and a rhino will leave you with 55 points. Which is enough for two plasma guns for the Vets and a Power Weapon for the Delegatus and few points for melta bombs or soemthing.

Heya Nusquam

I like this idea more, so here is the revised list.

Raven Guards (1000pts)
  • HQ (115pts)
    • Legion Centurion (115pts)

Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon, Refractor Field

Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes

• Consul
        • Delegatus

Rite of Command

• Master of the Legion

Chosen Duty

Master of the Legion

• Troops (280pts)
    • Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (140pts)

Fearless, 4x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Plasma Gun

Fearless (Fearless), Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Veteran Tactics

• Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (140pts)

Fearless, 4x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Plasma Gun

Fearless (Fearless), Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Veteran Tactics

• Elites (200pts)
    • Mor Deythan Strike Squad (200pts)

5x Combi-weapon, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, Melta Bombs, 4x Mor Deythan

Fatal Strike, Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Repair, Scout, Stealth

• Heavy Support (405pts)
    • Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (210pts)

Reaper Autocannon battery

Deep Strike, Independent Turret Fire, Strafing Run

• Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (195pts)

Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons

Rapid Tracking                 

Archived