Hello to everyone! I just came up with this crazy list, which I really like a lot, but I don't know if it would be at least decent, and also there's one major problem: the list is 2585 pt. so I need to throw something out, but I really don't know what I should leave behind. 

Rite of war: Pride of the legion

2 medusa 310

Spartan + two sponson-mounted quad lascannonTwin-linked heavy flamer + ceramite + flare + multi-melta + dozer 365
5 Firedrakes + 5 thunder hammer + 5 shields  350
Praetor terminator cataphractii + master-crafted thunder hammer  + dragonscale shield + mantle + digital laser 190
Centurion apothecary + terminator cataphractii + fist + dragonscale shield 125

Land raider proteus + two sponson-mounted twin-linked lascannon + multimelta + armoured ceramite + twin-linked heavy flamer + dozer 265 pt.
5 Firedrakes + 5 thunder hammer + 5 shields 350

Rhino 35
10 support squad 175

Rhino 35
10 support squad 175

Rhino 35
10 support squad 175

It is a simle list but I think it is really fun to play. However, there's again this 85pt. problem that I can't solve (maybe the safest option is to make the support squad 8-8-8, but I'm not sure about it). Also, the proteus isn't an assault vehicle, so the second firedrakes squad cannot assault immediately. I'm wandering if I should give this second squad the heavy flamer, because they could do more damage if the enemy assaults them (5 D3 hits S6 in the face), but their Inv. save would decrease to 4+. 
Any suggestions?

I think your list will get gunned down without you being able to do anything about it :(.

I play Emperors Children and my list is mainly focussed on getting into combat asap, with shooty elements to back it up.

Against your list I would ignore my own CC element and just split up and shoot.

I don't think you'll find this list fun to play, because every competent enemy would never let those 30 flamers (support squad) get anywhere near his MEQ units. Those rhinos would die turn 1, making your 30 support squad useless for at least a few turns.. maybe the whole game (footslogging with flamers). 

All that would be left to do then is just make the landraiders split up from each other / the main force..  and you'll have lost control over the game. 

Sorry, thats what I would do against your list, and it would work every time. 

Those 2 raiders with fire drakes cost a lot of points, but are quite easily avoidable in my experience. The rest of your army should be fast or shooty to help the slow drakes get into combat (forcing at least some of the opponents elements to not be able to avoid your landraiders).

Thats just my 2 cents. Not meant to destroy your idea, just trying to make you think twice about how fun this list will be for you.

Don't worry, thanks for the advice! I was doing the same mistake that I do everytime I make a list, that is to figure a list in my mind without thinking about the enemy's reaction, that's why I come here everytime, so that someone reminds me about my usual mistake XD Ok, so, first of all, do you suggest to keep only one firedrakes unit in the spartan and make fast and shooty the rest of the army?

Also, I think I should start another topic, since I have to make list that won't be "crazy" anymore XD. I'll just stick to a more "reasonable" list in another topic, it doesn't make sense writing a completely different type of list here, but I'll post here any "crazy" idea that comes through my mind biggrin.png

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/304056-2500-salamander-not-a-crazy-list-like-the-previous-one-xd/

Archived