Honest to the God Emperor courage! Brimlock 7th "Warthogs"

Sete

Vox casters can be useful if you plan to make good use of orders as it gives you some reliability to getting them off. You can get plasma toting troopers for the Cadian line, the CCS has one too but it's not too much work to convert one to hold a plasma gun borrowed from your Marines :)

Hey Sete, 

Welcome to HIS glorious guard - I'm also building up my first 500pts after a 5 year lapse in slaying the enemies of mankind - though not sure if i'm brave enough to dust off my 20 year old dark angels as allies :)

Or like some of us really crazy types. Order some kilted bastards from Victoria Miniatures.

Second Chefs call out - theres an excellent range of 3rd party supplier out there - my force is built around the  Highland guard from Victoria mini's - though my wallet is upset that i'm building a full force of them with supporting wheeled taurox...

A great thing about this range is the sheer number of bits - pouches, canteens, bayonets - they even do soft lead goggles and rebreathers that you can bend to get the perfect fit on your guardmen - here's a couple of vets - dry fit only as WIP for my Finreht force.

Finreht Trooper 2

Finreht Trooper 1

I will probably use Tempestus Berets on my Command Squad, just to give them that feel.

Also Since my company commander is a feet on the ground kind of guy, maybe I will give him a bolter instead o a close combat weapon. Cause you know... what is the weakest HQ he will face 1on1? Or I can give him a power sword and try to solo abbadon. :(

Or I can give him the blade of conquest... I should have a big power sword laying around for a conversion. :)

CC upgrades aren't the best use of points usually, a bolter is a good idea as it has some punch and makes your commander stand out. Though have I ever told the story of how my bare bones commander faced down a Wolf Lord in single combat and won? :P

I must have told this story round the camp fire about five times now - but I guess you new recruits need to hear it too msn-wink.gif The closing turns of a game of 5th Edition, Lord Commander Firionel himself standing heroically in the open, his brave Guardsmen bodyguards martyring themselves so he may continue to serve the Emperor. The traitor Wolves had taken a drubbing from the Emperor's hammer but not without cost, their leader clad with dual Wolf Claws of Wolf Lightning Wolfing (or whatever they're called now) charged the lone officer seeking to gain vengeance.

Clasping his simple sword he dodged all blows before striking with the wrath of the Emperor Himself. Yet this wasn't enough! All around noble Guardsmen pressed on with the attack, heeding their commanders words of putting the mission ahead of individuals as the regiment expects. The enemy was pushed from the objectives under valiant lasgun fire, giving victory to the faithful - but would it be a hollow victory? Of course not, for the Emperor looks after His own and once more the Wolf Lord failed to strike down the humble commander, his blows being turned aside by refractor field. Raising his sword Firionel felled the traitor triumphantly, signalling the end of the battle - another glorious victory, and what a win it was! biggrin.png

You can take as much war gear as you like, but true heroism comes only from the dice - and as we all know the dice gods reward the faithful msn-wink.gif

I must have told this story round the camp fire about five times now - but I guess you new recruits need to hear it too msn-wink.gif The closing turns of a game of 5th Edition, Lord Commander Firionel himself standing heroically in the open, his brave Guardsmen bodyguards martyring themselves so he may continue to serve the Emperor. The traitor Wolves had taken a drubbing from the Emperor's hammer but not without cost, their leader clad with dual Wolf Claws of Wolf Lightning Wolfing (or whatever they're called now) charged the lone officer seeking to gain vengeance.

Clasping his simple sword he dodged all blows before striking with the wrath of the Emperor Himself. Yet this wasn't enough! All around noble Guardsmen pressed on with the attack, heeding their commanders words of putting the mission ahead of individuals as the regiment expects. The enemy was pushed from the objectives under valiant lasgun fire, giving victory to the faithful - but would it be a hollow victory? Of course not, for the Emperor looks after His own and once more the Wolf Lord failed to strike down the humble commander, his blows being turned aside by refractor field. Raising his sword Firionel felled the traitor triumphantly, signalling the end of the battle - another glorious victory, and what a win it was! biggrin.png

You can take as much war gear as you like, but true heroism comes only from the dice - and as we all know the dice gods reward the faithful msn-wink.gif

So sayeth the Book of the Emperor Eternal, Chapter VI: Verse 93- "Amen."

Looking great. I would go with that last wash/shade as you said your self. I would recommend Agrax Earth shade on all areas. Your colours you have chosen are perfect to blend in with Agrax. 

I would second Vash and then take it a step further by washing the metal areas with Nuln Oil in addition to the Agrax Earthshade. Before all that, maybe drill out that melta barrel. Not sure what diameter drill bit but make it bigger than a bolter barrel. All in all, good job!

Before all that, maybe drill out that melta barrel. Not sure what diameter drill bit but make it bigger than a bolter barrel.

I use a 2 or 2.5mm drill bit for mine.

Like the others write, good work but it needs just one more wash ;)

Yep will give another wash tonight. But the prospect of painting so much minis in a 500 points army is a bit overwhelming.

Hopefully my scheme will be simple and fast enough.

Ah I wont be drilling anything, for starters don't have a drill, and I will probably ruin it.

Might I also suggest some scorch marks on the melta, drybrush of tinbitz followed by black does the trick, will help it pop a bit more.

That is just what I do. Boltgun metal base, Drybrush end third with tinbitz, Drybrush the very end with black then a black wash over all of it to blend it together ;)

You are asking too much of this poor soul. xD

I may try doing the effects after I have all done. Game is in 2 weeks and I will probably receive the army tomorrow.

Need to work around the clock.

Changed the list, going for an armored fist tactic.

I will post it later tonight.

The commissariat does not take no for an answer... :P Dry brushing is easy, one of the simplest techniques there is, I use it all the time and Tin Bitz is a great colour to do barrels with, sadly I think it was one of the paints lost in the great changing?

Tin bitz has been replaced (Warlock bronze I think) but Vallejo also do an alternative (Tinny tin - Game Colour).

Archived