How many Immolators is ideal for a come all list

NonePurer

At any points size.

These tanks are really pretty amazing. If you put a MM on every single one you create a vast range of melta across the whole board for turns 1 and 2 usually

this is for what, 300 points for 5, plus everything else you need, like your 3 exorcists.

In the current meta I think theyre great too as the TLMM is viable for massed skyfire.

I think we should really appreciate the immolator

But how many is too many? Unbound I could take something like 30 and some other stuff at 2000pnts.

I run 1 at 1500 points and 2 at 2000+.  Always with Dominions since they are the only 5 girl squad I use.  The Immolator is much better then a Razorback and a great little transport.

Plus I would disagree that we need 3 Exorcists :p

If they still had fire ports I would take nothing but Immies and Repressors.

But typically I take 1 or 2 Immolators preferring 2 meltaguns in a Rhino for my BSS. The flamer squad gtes an Immolator as do the Repentia. Dominions always ride in Repressors.

I don't like to spam anything, tho. Between that and what I expect from my girls in tanks and it just does not fit my style of play. But don't let me dissuade you. Immolator spam is a classic for a reason.

They're definitely pretty good... especially if you have enough special weapon models to take 5-6 model squads with maxed special weapons rather than going with 10-model squads in a Rhino. Personally I'm overloaded with bolters with not enough of the specials yet. Then again I only have two Immolators as well.

But it's hard to say how many is too many. I don't think you'll hit the limit any time soon though, at least in terms of effectiveness. Playing a single FOC you could fit 6 Battle Sister squads with 6 models and two special weapons each riding an Immolator into a mere 1000 points! If I had had the models to do that, I could've taken those + the remaining 500 points for the currently ongoing local campaign and really put the hurt on my opponents :P

My personal experience with Battle Sister squads is that I can do a lot more with 10 then I can with 5, and so there is simply no room for Immolators instead of Rhinos.  I would take Repressors only I do not own any... yet ;)

Archived