500 point Allies to 30k

Frostmourne

Evening ladies and Gents. 

After building a small 30k force, and having to crowbar some Fluff for them to play in a local and quite large narrative campaign that they have been stuck in the warp 10k years, they are now being watched extensively by the Inquisition and Sisters of Battle.

I know some about the fluff, and less about the rules and models. Im not looking for comptetetiveness, but i dont want them to be wiped off the table every game. But can anyone give me any jumpstarting into what sort of models/ units/ tactics/ tips and hints i could employ to make these lasses work?

And also i would like to include an Iquisitor somewhere, is that legal? 

For an Inquisitor, you need to bring him in as (the only compulsory) part of an Inquisitorial detachment.

In the end, though, we're Sisters of Battle. About the only things to avoid are half-hearted decisions, Celestians, Flamer Dominions and Multi-meltas on infantry.

Repentia and Penitent Engines are 'hard mode' though, being not so much glass cannons as rice paper blenders. If Repentia assault something (except lychguard or wraiths ><) they will kill it. However, they have a 6++ save and no armour. There are a few tactics threads down here, so feel free to have a look around!

That said, at 500 points, you're not looking at a huge army. You need to decide if you want to use CAD or Allies Detachment first of all!

This list takes advantage of what I think are the most game-effective parts of the army as it stands;

+++ New Roster (503pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Allied Detachment) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Ministorum Priest [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]

Ministorum Priest [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol, The Litanies of Faith]

+ HQ +

Uriah Jacobus, Protector of the Faith

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [4x Battle Sisters, Meltagun, Meltagun]

····Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

····Sister Superior [bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

+ Fast Attack +

Dominion Squad [(FW) Repressor, 5x Dominions, 4x Meltagun]

····Dominion Superior [bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Created with BattleScribe

Here are what I feel are the top 3 things people want from Sororitas allies.

Number 1 - Priest with Litanies of Faith. He comes with a 4++ save and can give a unit he is with the ability to re-roll all failed saves (armor and invulnerable) in close combat.

Number 2 - Dominions with melta guns. They Scout so can move close for an early kill or Outflank to come in later for a strike at a castled up target. They can also make their weapons ignore cover. Put them in a Repressor and they don't even have to get out of the box to fire their 4 meltas (5 with a combi). The unit is reasonably cheap on points as well. 190 points for 5 girls with 5 meltas in a Repressor.

Number 3 - Exorcists. One is a little risky because it fires d6 missiles. That means you will fire 1 shot just as often as you fire 6. Still, getting 48" range for a S8 AP1 missile is going to hurt someone.

Honerable mention are Immolators with Twin-Linked Multi-Meltas, Seraphim with dual hand flamers (especially when joined by Saint Celsetine) and the old CC killers the Death Cult Assassins from the Battle Conclave.

Also, don't forget that even the vehicles come with Shield of Faith for a 6++ save.

Starting out I would recommend lots of flamers and melta models, there will always be a use for them in your lists no matter what.

At 500 points you are quite limited though I would recommend something like:

Saint Celestine

Priest with meltabombs and bolt pistol

9 Battle Sisters with Flamer and Heavy flamer

Rhino

5 Battle Sisters with 2x Meltaguns

immolator with Twin-Linked Multi-melta

Inquisitor with 2 servo skulls

Works out to 500 points exactly, and will handle pretty much anything at that level :p

Archived