Word Bearers and Friends 3000

Trupie

Hey guys! My friend plays World Eaters, I love Word Bearers, and ever since Betrayer came out, we've been looking into 30k lists. This is the most I've been able to manage so far. I haven't seen the Allies Matrix for Auxilia, so if they're worse than Allies of Convenience I'll just take the entire list from the top and start over.

I'm currently using the Battlescribe Data File for list construction, so I apologize for any mistakes of price or legality

The current list is

Combined Arms Detatchment(Word Bearers Legion)

HQ: Legion Centurion (130)

Jump Pack, Refractor Field, Artificer Armour, Lightning Claw, Power Fist

HQ: Legion Centurion-Chaplain (170)

Jump Pack, Refractor Field, Artificer Armour, Power Axe, Burning Lore

Elite: 5 Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren (240)

Meltagun, Sergeant has Artificer Armour and Power Maul

Troop: 15 Legion Assault Marines (458)

Melta Bombs, 3 Power Weapons, Sergeant has Artificer Armour, Power Fist, and Combat Shield

Troop: 15 Legion Assault Marines (458)

Melta Bombs, 3 Power Weapons, Sergeant has Artificer Armour, Power Fist, and Combat Shield

Heavy: Legion Land Raider Squadron (280)

1 Land Raider Phobos, Armoured Ceramite, Auxillary Drive

Heavy: Legion Sicarian Battle Tank (135)

Allied Detatchment- Solar Auxilia

HQ: Auxilia Tactical Command Section (280)

2x Plasma Guns, Strategos Power Maul,

Dracosan Transport with Demolisher Cannon

Troops: Auxilia Infantry Tercio (470)

2x Auxilia Lasrifle Section with Dracosan

Fast: Auxilia Leman Russ Strike Squadron (180)

Auxilia Leman Russ Exterminator with Pintle Mounted Multilaser, Hull Multilaser

Heavy: Auxilia Leman Russ Assault Squadron (195)

Auxilia Leman Russ Demolisher with Hull Heavy Flamer

2996/3000

I wanted a list that could be used with 30k or 40k if possible. I like the idea of HUGE squads swarming all over the battlefield in epic scale clashes, and that's what I tried to capture. The Lasrifle Sections will be backfield support/objective grabbers, the Strategos and his squad will be frontlining with the Demolisher as the Exterminator handles light tank duties.

Gal Vorbak are the big juicy target, with Meltagun to pop open transports as a last resort. I picked a Maul for the Champion since he has rending anyway and S7/Rending will help more for the price than a power sword or lightning claw IMO.

The Assault Squads cowboy up down the field with the Chappy and Centurion and smash things in CC. Meltabombs help with tank hunting in a pinch, and the squad is mobile enough to be able to respond to a number of threats.

Main weakness is lack of Air Power/Anti Air, which I'm HOPING the Sicaran can pinch in for, along with the exterminator. I'm also trying to decide how to pare the list down to 2000 for friendlier games. This is the closest I've gotten to a concept that I like, and I look forward to any input you guys have.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of my IMHO.

exterminator, i don't really under tans his role here, i u want open rhinos and other stuff mb u should take sponsone las cannons.

auxiliary drive, rarely useful, better drop it

assault marines always overpriced =(

and u can play with mix refractor fields/combat shields

like if u have 1 hero and sergeant in squad u want absorb attacks with one of them and try to be alive after hit with PF with other. so u can drop AA on sergeant and go him in challenges with PFists and Axes which don't care about his AA.

and i personally love sicarian with las cannons over naked sicarian, mb drop some power weapons, fists.

oh, forgot, why not to take martyr AWESOME 10S power fist?)

A bit of my IMHO.

exterminator, i don't really under tans his role here, i u want open rhinos and other stuff mb u should take sponsone las cannons.

auxiliary drive, rarely useful, better drop it

assault marines always overpriced =(

and u can play with mix refractor fields/combat shields

like if u have 1 hero and sergeant in squad u want absorb attacks with one of them and try to be alive after hit with PF with other. so u can drop AA on sergeant and go him in challenges with PFists and Axes which don't care about his AA.

and i personally love sicarian with las cannons over naked sicarian, mb drop some power weapons, fists.

Solar Auxilia Leman Russ' can't take sponsons, fyi.

Archived