Titan v thunderhawk

Theredknight

i choosed a Warhound (and a Reaver) - a Thunderhawk is too big for the game imo  - also, you can use your Titan alongside every Imperial army (Guard, Marines, Mechanicum, HH and 40k), the Thunderhawk just for one Chapter/Legion :/

The Heresy version does get an extra Void Shield, but it pays 30 pts for it over the 40K version.

The Warhound would be picked above the Thunderhawk in nearly every poll I think you will find, it is simply a much more versatile unit, more points efficient and the Thunderhawk is just so difficult to use on a smaller, non apocalypse table.

A thunderhawk can only ever have one D Slapper. Sure, its airborne but compared to a Warhounds potential 2 and Starting on the Board turn 1? Yeah I'd take a Warhound over a Thunderhawk.

Unless it was Aetos Dios, aka Dorns Pimpmobile since its Cheaper AND better than an equivalently equipped Thunderhawk and it doesn't take up a LoW slot since its a Dedicated Transport for Dorn.

you don't need as much to help it as much as the thunderhawk. If you are running a thunder hawk you are going to want others flyers so that the thunderhawk is plucked from the skies. With the war hound all you need is meat shields I mean bubble wrap :). Also chicks dig the warhound.

It´s not only rule wise what you should keep in mind. A T-Hawk is huge and as a flier it needs to move. It could be hard to place it on the table, specially in larger games with multiple Players on each side. The Titan don´t need necessarily to move. What makes the Titan easier to handle on the table

Well, spoke to fw, as of 2 weeks ago they have officially stopped producing and selling the lucius.

On account of the Mars selling on a ratio of 8:1 lucius.

As they now have more limited storage room (there's been a lot of new things out last 2 years) lines are being struck off if not productive. Sensible I suppose but always sad to see one go.

Don't be surprised to see other less well selling lines streamlined.

Well, spoke to fw, as of 2 weeks ago they have officially stopped producing and selling the lucius.

On account of the Mars selling on a ratio of 8:1 lucius.

As they now have more limited storage room (there's been a lot of new things out last 2 years) lines are being struck off if not productive. Sensible I suppose but always sad to see one go.

Don't be surprised to see other less well selling lines streamlined.

It's already been happening, hence the removal of the Kroot lines, the Orca, a fair bit of WFB stuff, and so on. In my opinion, they need a larger storage space.

Warhounds get Multiple D weapons. No competition. Thunderhawk also loses Jink, and can't carry multiple squads IIRC.

When did it lose the ability to carry multiple squads? Seems incredibly stupid considering you can't get squads of 30 marines in one squad.

They can.

Might be misremembering this, do you have a rough area? I'm using the ebook so no page number but a rough idea would be nice. I might be misremembering and it prevent things like bikes, jump infantry etc. There is something about the transport of a THawk which doesn't work as intended.

They can.

Might be misremembering this, do you have a rough area? I'm using the ebook so no page number but a rough idea would be nice. I might be misremembering and it prevent things like bikes, jump infantry etc. There is something about the transport of a THawk which doesn't work as intended.

I believe that for every disembarkation point the T hawk has, that's the number of squads it can take.

Archived