How does Book 4 Campaign character advancement work?

Phalanx Warder

During a campaign series, you roll against the various to charts and the character in question gains those results. Remembering that these can only be applied to a Campaign Character that was declared at the start of the campaign and you also then have to roll the fatality chart each time the character is 'killed'. Unless otherwise happy with the local player group, you dont do this for regular casual games.

During a campaign series, you roll against the various to charts and the character in question gains those results. Remembering that these can only be applied to a Campaign Character that was declared at the start of the campaign and you also then have to roll the fatality chart each time the character is 'killed'. Unless otherwise happy with the local player group, you dont do this for regular casual games.

Thanks for the reply Dono! We have a campaign coming up in April and we were given a choice to either make our own character and use this chart or take a named character, so without the book on hand I am trying to figure out if I take Sigismund or not.

ahhh well I would always lean towards taking a Campaign Character for the pure fun of building him up throughout the Campaign itself. But then I am a narrative player and take things others would never look at after crunching the numbers. If you havent built too many HQ models, it might be a good chance to make one based on the outcomes of the campaign progression

I can't share any campaign materials but I will post up some pictures, the opening event will have about 12 Legions on display, for a painting competition I think. I will dig out my voice recorder and keep track of the games for BatReps

• 3 months later...

ahhh well I would always lean towards taking a Campaign Character for the pure fun of building him up throughout the Campaign itself. But then I am a narrative player and take things others would never look at after crunching the numbers. If you havent built too many HQ models, it might be a good chance to make one based on the outcomes of the campaign progression

LOL who hasn't built to many HQ models when I try to make veteran squads I just end up with ten preators in power armour and have to take all the thunder hammers of before I play a game

Archived