Sanguinary Crusader's WiP (FW Centurion and Battle Barge)

Arkangilos

A Battle Barge?! You lucky git!

I like the little decorations you added, if I'm not mistaken that halo at the prow is from the new BA upgrade kit right? The Death Mask looks cool too, can't say I'd ever considered using it on a ship model though, nice thinking. :)

*sigh* Ever since I created my Scarlet Sentinels I've wanted to buy and paint up a Battle Barge for them, shame they're so damn rare and expensive now... :(

• 2 months later...

Oh dang, sorry for being away from this for so long!

Thanks for the positive replies and feedback everyone!

@ Velcona, do it! 

@SanguiniusReborn, you never know! Keep looking, you might get lucky! 

@Atia, well, I already told you and what not, but it has been a pain to build xD And paint :I

I decided to try the Mephiston Red Spray Paint, and it went on grainy. The bottom of it is absolutely horrible. Also, the super glue bonds are breaking way too easily, and the front halo/grail/blood drop piece (at the front), won't stay on. 

But here is where it is at so far:

Lighting is bad right now, too, so it will look darker.

Anyways, here is The Angel's Wrath so far.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/tballiv/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/2A8E4103-BDBD-4817-9C2F-118FC828F363_zpsesdr8n6c.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/tballiv/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/22780D3D-21F2-4B44-AC31-9DE8451FB75F_zpss7mgfboa.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/tballiv/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/F94FC478-BCD0-4DBD-B661-D84596A78391_zpsebancz7o.jpg

Clearly it is no where near finished. 

So, since I'm still working on it, any advice? Any solutions to the grainyness?

Also, the plan is that the white will have the 'Ard Coat technical put over it. It's supposed to basically be marble.

Those things with the blue right behind the mask, well the blue is going to be an attempt at stained glass, or something like that.

Any suggestions or ideas on anything?

I decided to try the Mephiston Red Spray Paint

i feel your pain, i got a similiar report from a golden spray from GW - and have some bad experience with their varnish spray - it looks like sometimes GW sprays are just bad from the start on :/ 

but afaik gloss varnish and satin varnish at the end could help to make it smoother 

well, I already told you and what not, but it has been a pain to build

:> well, my battlebarge was as "easy" to build as Sammaels' jetbike *shudders*

i like the ship so far, maybe some little edge highlites could make it even better ^_^ (and i know it's a pain on these things as they have a lot of edges QQ)

since i haven't my own ships here, can you post a pic of the back? maybe some darkened/weathered/burnt exhausts could look good :)? (only if that makes sense for a space ship haha)

When building my ships any additions were glued on with the mantra pin it, pin it and pin it again.

The bits you are adding can have such small contact points that if they are not pinned as well as glued it is inevitable bits will come off when they are handled in game.

I love the sanguinius name tag on the side, looking good

When building my ships any additions were glued on with the mantra pin it, pin it and pin it again.

The bits you are adding can have such small contact points that if they are not pinned as well as glued it is inevitable bits will come off when they are handled in game.

I love the sanguinius name tag on the side, looking good

Thanks!

I think I've decided to drop the front piece.

+++

Now, my ship is not yet done, but I just got in my forgeworld order :D I ordered a squad of Mk IV assault marines, 2 sets of Blood Angel MK IV bodies, one set of Blood Angel helmets, and the centurion.

Here are two options I had for my centurion (lets see what you think?). 

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/tballiv/IMG_1779_zps8c3xwib9.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/tballiv/IMG_1777_zpshcw6ueew.jpg

This guy is going to be the Master of the Sanguinary Fleet, and the Armor has been passed down through the masters of the fleets since the Horus Heresy. 

He has personal command of the chapter's flagship, The Angel's Wrath (the battle barge I am currently working on). 

• 2 weeks later...

The Angel of Wrath, once known as the Angel of Hope, is an ancient battle barge that was once part of the IX legions proud fleet. During the latter days of the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy, it was under the command of Captain Raphael and the 143rd Company. After the death of Sanguinius and the founding of the Sanguinary Crusaders, it was rechristened. No longer would it be the Angel of Hope, but it would be the Angel of Wrath. 

Since those dark days it has served the Sanguinary Crusaders faithfully, acting as the Flagship of the chapter's Master of the Fleet. It is one of three active battle barges employed by the chapter. It has seen ten thousand years of war, brought victories and salvation to countless crusades and worlds, and has dealt the wrath of the angry children of the Angel. It serves as a beacon of pride, an unwavering devotion, and a promise that all who dare oppose the Imperium will feel it's wrath.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/tballiv/Mobile%20Uploads/842E5ED6-2BE9-4A12-8B65-0EBB8542418B_zpsg3g1u7yl.jpg

Sides

Back and Top

Master of the Fleet

A time honored position dating back to the 143rd company's latter days in the Great Crusade, the Master of the Fleet can trace it's origins back to Centurion Loredan, one of the senior centurions of the 143rd company. An expert in void warfare, he served as a valued adviser to Raphael, and was ultimately given responsibility over the fleet. He officially became the first Master of the Fleet upon the founding of the Sanguinary Crusaders after the death of Sanguinius. As tradition dictates, upon taking the position of Master of the Fleet, the astartes dons the Armor of Loredan. 

Though the chapter has finally settled, the position remains as prestigious as when it was fleet based, serving as one of the top advisers for the chapter master. To be promoted to the position commands great respect, and great power. Under the Master of the Fleet falls the entire chapter's fleet, it's serfs, a handful of space marines, and personal command of the Angel of Wrath. 

(Note, I have not done the base for him yet. I still don't know if I want to do the regular base, or if I want to do a more ship based one with steps).

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/tballiv/Mobile%20Uploads/DB31C894-B4D5-4EFA-83A6-136DA2FF88A8_zpszmyi3mka.jpg

Other Angles

really cool stuff smile.png

love the OSL effect on the ship, and the base, great work on the fleet master too^^

you still need to share how you painted his hair xD

the fluff is pretty awesome too ^,^

• 8 months later...

Archived