First Game with Hybrd MT/SW

I'm playing a game tomorrow 2k per side, and I'm trying a hybrid MT/SW list.

Here it is:

Tempestus CAD

MT CS

TP-PP/CCW

TS- vox, 3 MG

MT S squad 1

T Sgt - BP/CCW

TS - 5 HSLG, 2PG, vox

MT S squad 2

T Sgt - BP/CCW

TS - 6 HSLG, 2PG, Vox

Valk

Rocket pods & HB sponsons

Space Wolves CAD

RP - PP/Rune Ax, PsyHood, ML1

BC 

BC - 14 BP/CCW

WGPL - BP/CCW

GH

GH - 9 GH, 2MG, CCW's

WGPL - BP/CM

Drop pod

Dreads

Dread 1 - AssCan, PF/SB, Drop pod

Dread 2 - AssCan, PF/SB, Drop pod

FA Drop Pods

Pod 1 - DWML, LB

Pod 2 - DWML, LB

TWC

SS/PM

Land Raider Cusader

MM

RP comes down with MT squad 1, in FA pod 1, MTCS comes down in FA pod 2, supported by GH all t1. LRC and TWC move up and fire, TWC run. T2, mt squad 2 comes down on the first wave LB, and provides more fire. Dreads come down on LB and provide more fire. Valk comes in and provides CAS on whatever is left. While LRC, BC's, and TWC draw fire and hit melee. 

What do you think?

Game went well. List worked almost exactly as planned. He brought pask in a battletank and 2 squads of vets, 4 squads of tempestus, and 3 vendettas. 

We played Eternal War mission 5, Dawn of war deployment. I won the roll to go first, he failed to seize.

T1 my alfa strike came down and shook pask and took a HP. I also killed off all but one of a squad of vets. I almost had him tabled turn 2, except I whiffed a melta shot on pask and whiffed some shooting on the other vets. My blood claws did an incredible amount of damage when they came out t2, tearing up the last vet squad, leaving 2 alive. T2 saw a bit of a turn around, but pask was immobilized, due to some confusion about rules he got a clean shot on my tempestus, and killed off most of them with a battlecannon. The remaining Scions mopped up. He took his Vendettas to hover, which later allowed me to kill them off with melta and an assault from TWC. End of game I had First Blood, slay the warlord, Linebreaker, and Controlled the objective, it was 6 to 1. 

All told, Stunning victory for the Wolf Clan of Fenris and the 1st Airborne Commando Battalion. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures, but there was so much grey plastic on the board it would have been hard to tell who was who...

Painting takes time, and focus, and patience. Things I have in short supply these days, due to University. And with the need for a job, I'll have even less. But I will post pics as I go.

Pask and the vets were really there to put a presence on the table because he had no way of doing a null deployment. I do enjoy a null deployment, because I'm allied with space wolves, to take drop pods. 

On a related note, I've come up with a list using my favorite SW melee toys, and company of the great wolf to really crank the CC threat to 11, while I'm getting more accustomed to orders, my Tempestus can really bring the firepower. My wolves also have some decent ranged threat, with Vindicators, Razorbacks, a Predator, and long fangs. Add to that my Knight, and that's a highly mobile, hard hitting force. 

I agree with Warrior. Pask in a Battle tank? Ulric, I think you and I need to face. I'll show you how to use Pask. Now MT in drop pods? What an awesome idea. I've never thought about putting my IG in drop pods. I will say this though. I almost never take a Valkyrie. I'll lose the transport capacity for 3 twin linked lascannon. Especially seeing tanks on the field.

I don't have any IG tanks (yet). My opponent was running Pask in a BT. I have been told by many sources to run Pask in a Vanquisher (when I start doing IG armor). Now, as far as running Valks, I was using the Tempestus Codex, so it's all I had access to. I agree vendettas are better, especially since my lone valk was ineffective against his 3 vendettas. I need to make some vets and start taking straight up IG. I have to run my guys as vets and try taking vendettas. This was a trial run.

I could never do the pods thing. Marines only in my mind! If the Emperor wanted to give us drop pods he'd have given us rubbish tanks too :P

Valkyries are troop transports first and foremost. With some points spent they can become good support gunships and hunt down infantry after they've dropped their passengers odd. Otherwise you're probably better off looking elsewhere.

Yeah, the valks are great anti-infantry gunships and transports. I have the astartes storm wing, so, I can bring some good air to air. I also have the Space wolves flying shoes (1 stormwolf and 1 stormfang). The Stormfang might be a good addition to my list for some extra anti air, to cover the valks while they wreck some infantry and drop dudes off. I might just have got some new use out of my stormgrrs since my SW air assault list uses the StormWing.

Pask is good in a Vanquisher but the Vanquisher is only good against Armor. He's wicked in a Punisher, evil in an Eradicator and nigh unstoppable in an Executioner. Being able to reroll Get Hot is awesome but those 20 dice rerolling to hit, rerolling to wound and rending!

Anyone I go up against just cringe when they see the Paskinsher.

Archived