Ordos Machinum - Inquisitor Knights!

Hi all,

I was going to make one but life of course had other plans financially and in other ways so not happening, anyway thought id share the idea to see what peoples thoughts would be?

Being in the position of power would it make sense for an Inquisitor to go one step beyond the Throne of Judgement and to Acquire a Knight for War? (In my reasoning a Castigator just feels more Inquisitor like when you add cosmetics).

I did a mock on the Dreadmforge Leviathan Crusader before crisis hit my plan

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/Liamgregg1988/Inquisitor%20Knight%20Mock%201_zpsukhlw6e5.jpg

I feel that my standard Inquisitor conversion just wont feel as epic...

Anyways thoughts on Inquisitor Knights?

It is a big universe?

At the same time, Mars, other inquisitors, and other knight houses might take issue with this. It is probably simpler to justify as a knight house that is in service to a specific inquisitor in return for <censored by order of the inquisition> done for them. A temporary thing but one big enough to justify some iconography and color shifting.

In full agreement with librisrouge. I understand Inquisitors have power, but part of having power is knowing when to not lord it over someone. A Knight pilot and Household are two bodies you don't want to lord it over. They could definitely work with the Inquisitor or even owe him a life-debt but I don't see anyone handing over a Knight and retroactively giving the Inquisitor the needed surgery to pilot it.

Very good points which raise even more interesting stories which would link the two.

Could a Freeblade not possibly show the talent to be trained as an Inquisitor? Once passing all the trails and tests who is to say they may not take up their Knight again? Unlikely I grant you but the concept just works for me.

The Knight suit becomes an addiction. The pilot feels an ever increasing need to be in it and kill or, you know, honour duel. Some Knights have more addicting "imprints" in them than others, this is true, but a Knight pilot is cut-out for one thing in life: being a Knight Pilot.

If your concept works for you, go forth and do it with no ill will. The GW fluff and my personal reflections on this subject (which are many and varied- I love those Knights) would be a stumbling block for your idea. Don't let that stop you, if you want.

Here's a question: why does the Inquisitor have to be a Knight pilot? Could he not have a pilot in his retinue? Hell, McNeil wrote a book about a Knight Household and the pilot's wife was someone with whom you did not get cross (pretty good novella, actually).

Again, it's all up to you.

@Mehman

Its all theory at the moment I am looking for the input such as yours to develop and improve on the idea. Your comment on the addiction is one I forgot as I had only read through some IK fluff bit this alone I feel would make it unlikely with the trails etc it takes to be an inquisitor. I am very much more drawn after time to think on it of a Oathbound Knight in an Inquisitors retinue. Thank you for your thoughts and comments so far it has helped flesh the idea out so if the chance arises I may build such a beast.

I'd prefer the concept of a Knight as being part of his warband should such a thing be allowed.

I can't quite see an Inquisitor being a fully-trained Knight pilot though.

But maybe we're missing a trick here?

What if there was a small Ordo Machina faction within the Inquisition - hunting down renegade machine spirits or Mechanicus personnel - not chaos-possessed per se - but rampant or totally free-thinking, that need expunging before the malignant ideas spread.

In that environment I could see Knight-Inquisitors / Dreadnought-Inquisitors at work. Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility as far as the -][- goes.

Just a thought.

Cheers

I

An Ordo dealing with A.I etc is awesome, it would be interesting a heavily Adeptus Mechanicus supported Ordos that would investigate Adeptus Mechanicus and their creations. Isiah you have changed the course of the idea into something alot bigger and cooler. With the new AM codex about to drop its very workable too.

A subsection of the Ordos Machinum?

Yes, I feed off your ideas, Noctem. Well, here's to being an idea-leech laugh.png!

Really, what you have in mind now totally works. Isiah and you have merged this thing into something beautiful. Think about it: an Inquisitor that was raised on a Forge World, who owes his allegiance mainly to Mars and the Omnissiah, going around with an over-sized shotgun-revolver solving tech crimes! When the tide turns, his plucky servo-skull assistant comes in, in-built laspistol blasting baddies. What's this? The true enemy has shown himself- the Dark Mechanicum! Cue the music and enter in the Inquisitorial Knights.

Well now I know where my Inquisitors main loyalties sit as this fluff is great and could always lead to a Knight further down the line. Question is would said Inquisitor stay clear of Mechanicus allies due to the nature of his foe being one that hide its nature with ease.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer msn-wink.gif. That's the main thought that comes to mind.

The Inquisitor could keep some close "friends" from the Mechanicus that follow him around. Think about this: a Skitarii sniper that tracks his every move. Something falls down next to the Inquisitor- a servitor that was about to kill him, a single round through its head. And that's just a ranger character from this release. We've got the main troops coming up later.

There could always be some kind of neural blocker or something that prevents his cohorts from being taken over by corrupted data trash; something to make them trustworthy enough that the Inquisitor doesn't become a paranoid wreck.

Archived