Liber Challenge: Order of the Eternal Vigil

I've been meaning to put some genuine effort into developing the ideas I had floating around for my Order for some time now, so it's nice to have the Liber challenge as a bit of an incentive.

Their colour scheme is certainly less vibrant than many of the others that have been posted in this section.

Order Name: Order of the Eternal Vigil
Home Planet: Lautrec
Name of its Founder: Cannoness Theresa
Notable Sisters: 
History:
Significant Battles:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/ml5bua.jpg

The abridged version of their fluff, at least at this time, would be that they are essentially the primary custodians of a world that was left devastated by a Chaos incursion. Though the forces of the archenemy were ultimately repelled, it was only at a considerable cost of lives, resources and ultimately the infrastructure that had given it real value in the eyes of the wider Imperium. In light of that fact, and knowing the amount of manpower and investment that would be needed to restore its former greatness, the effort of reclaiming the world, bringing the light of the Emperor to those survivors and establishing a bastion against future attacks was all but forgotten. Who would wish to commit themselves to the ongoing aid and defence of those wretches clinging on in the ruins of a Chaos-blasted wasteland?

The Order of the Argent Shroud, naturally.

Archived