Liber Challenge: Order of the Aurum Veil - WIP

Zaemie

Name: Order of the Aurum Veil

Homeworld:

Order History:
Originally a Mission of Sororitas from the Argent Shroud, deployed in support the Missionarius Galaxia, isolated from the greater Imperium by wars and warpstorms. Over fifty years of isolation, the Sororitas held out against the darkness, guarding the relics of an unremembered saint, and the local populace for nearly a century.
Although less than ten Sisters commanded by Seraphim Iscanda were all that remained of the mission at the time of recontact, a militia of the faithful rallied around them, and their numbers were supplemented by novitiates inducted from among the local population.

Founding Canoness:
Seraphim Iscanda.

Notable Sisters:
Sororitas Retributor Bernice. - The defensive bulwark of the Mission on the day of reclamation, despite her extremely advanced years, Bernice took her place on the wall, heavy bolter in her hands. It is said she expended her ammunition one carefully aimed shell at a time, each squeeze of the trigger ending an orkish life. When her supply of shells was finally exhausted she took up a boltgun and continued to reap a toll of the greenskins. Considered a miracle as Bernice had lost her sight to the ravages of age over ten years previously.

Livery:
Armour in burnished gold, trimmed with red, Black robes lined with red, Icon in white.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/zamiel/avatars/image.jpg1_zpset7wyv86.jpg

Significant battles joined:

Day of Reclamation - 

The fluff is well-written. The picture makes it look as if the Sister wears bone-white armor, which I understand is not your intention.

Aye, the image does give that impression, Bjorn... I didn't see it until I read your post, and I can't unsee it.

I've spent most of an hour messing with the Sister Painter trying to get a colour that suggests gold more effectively.

Original:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/zamiel/avatars/image.jpg1_zpset7wyv86.jpg

Bright:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/zamiel/avatars/sister_Aurum_Veil_002_zpsymwei8zr.jpg

Darker:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/zamiel/avatars/sister_Aurum_Veil_003_zps7wo1skq1.jpg

I'm leaning more toward the third one. 

The third one is probably most appropriate for an Adepta Sororitas Order, whose members should have a sense of humility. The second is more appropriate for the name "Aurum Veil," but something that bright... well, I can't help but think of the Blood Angels' Sanguinary Guard.

I have to agree, the third image looks great. The dark red symbol of the Ecclesiarchy (I think, not detailed enough to be sure) kind of loses itself against the black cloth, though. Edited by Conn Eremon

If I had any spare Sororitas miniatures I'd knock out a couple in this colour scheme and move on to naming the Order's homeworld.

Anyway, here's a rough synopsis of the Day of reclamation - much work to do with this before it's worthy of being included in the initial post:

An Imperial force had finally broken the Ork Waaagh! that had cut off the world from the wider Imperium. The greenskins scattering before the pursuing fleet. One warband flees into the Aurum Veil's system, making landfall on the far side of the continent.

Instinctively seeking out the nearest fight, they converged upon the Ministorum outpost, and are driven back by the Sororitas and their attendant army of the faithful. The Astra Militarum regiments in pursuit of the Orks arrived during the battle, and the Orks were crushed.

The Sororitas were described by both the native militia and the Militarum troops as 'aglow with golden light' during the battle, and this inspired the name and colours of the order founded in the wake of this event.