Creating a Minor Order?

Bishoujo

Trying to work on some fluff for my custom minor order, but am getting stuck on the creation part.

• Why are minor orders created?
  • Who gives the OK for it to happen?
  • Are they created from scratch or does a part of an existing order migrate to the new one?
  • If so, is there any bond to the order they originated from similar to a Space Marine successor chapter?

I've read some other people's custom order fluff, but I'm getting mixed results.  One story has the Ecclesiarchy deciding they need a military presence in X area because of Y reason and so they created a new minor order for this purpose.  Another claims that sisters from Order X were stationed so long on Planet Y that they eventually added some of the local culture into their iconography and changed their name, splintering off from their parent order.

The concern I have with the first example is that there is no limit to the number of sisters that can be part of an existing order like there are for space marine chapters, so they wouldn't need to create a new order to assign sisters somewhere as they could just grow an existing order to accomplish the same task.  The concern with the second example is that I'm not sure that splintering off from an existing order could happen without massive repercussions.  I'm not saying these are 'wrong', but more that those are the red flags that come to mind when I think of using something like that for my minor order.

Does anyone have some examples of minor orders being created or can point me in the right direction?  My search-fu has let me down on this one.  Thanks!

The Order of the Blessed Enquiry were founded for a specific mission.

There's also this, from Codex: Witch Hunters;

The Rise of the Lesser Orders Militant

As numbers within the Orders Militant waxed and waned, varying from a couple of thousand warriors to many thousands, the subsidiary covetns began to take on an importance all their own. These small, scattered bases often proved ideal for reacting to requests for assistance from the Ordo Hereticus, and so over time became independent of the Orders that had founded them, establishing their own traditions, doctrines, livery and titles. Though the original six Orders are by far the most numerous and active of the Orders Militant, the new Lesser Orders Millitant or Orders Minoris, became especially useful in the frequent purity sweeps and pogroms instituted by the Witch Hunters.

And from White Dwarf 293:

The Lesser Orders Militant

Throughout the first two millennia of the history of the Adepta Sororitas, each Order established a number of subsidiary convents at sites significant to the Ecclesiarchy. Often little more than small garrisons, these bases, which were often located a huge distance from Terra and Ophelia VII, began to develop an identity distinct from that of its parent Order. In addition, these small forces proved ideally situated to answer requests for aid from Inquisitors of the Ordo Hereticus, and they eventually split entirely from the Orders that spawned them.

The exact number and size of these 'Lesser Orders Militant', or 'Orders Minoris' can only be guessed at. It is assumed that none are as large as any of the six 'Greater' Orders, and some may be as small as only a hundred or so Sisters. It is known that the leaders of the Lesser Orders are, in theory at least, answerable to the leaders of each of the Greater Orders that formed them, but this would have little practical meaning considering the size of the Imperium and the many years travel in the Warp that separates the Lesser Order from its parent.

More or less your sisters would have been stationed on a planet and after some time and a war or two either off planet or on planet

They then realized that while they are still part of the bigger picture

Making their own order and progressing that way would not be a crime

Archived