Do we now have Dominica pattern Drop Pods?

Hyuzanriu

I honestly don't know how you got that figure.

Min I can see in a marine dex is 120 points.

It just does not feel fluffy to me, thats why I am going to have to use mine as deathwatch. tongue.png

To see what I'm referring too, I would suggest checking C:BA and not any old marine Codex :)

Deathwatch could work well (at least until their Codex arrives).

Just trying to help.

I do find Drop Podding Sisters Cheesy but the issue I have is not that, its just that we must dilute our force in order to drop pod it.

I don't really like having to take marines with sisters too often unless they are templars, taking Flesh Tearers though just seems wrong.

I disagree with the bolded part of the quote. There is no need to dilute our force with Astartes, there is always the option to go unbound. Sure we lose OBSEC, but it isn't like BSS are incredibly touch as it stands. Anything that really wants them gone will be able to move them off that objective. Does that possibly make it more cheesey? I don't think so. I test it and it turns out to be some good Cheddar, I'll reserve it for people that bring their cheese (looking at you wave serpents, partybusses, Ad-lances, etc.).

I honestly don't know how you got that figure.

Min I can see in a marine dex is 120 points.

It just does not feel fluffy to me, thats why I am going to have to use mine as deathwatch. tongue.png

To see what I'm referring too, I would suggest checking C:BA and not any old marine Codex smile.png

Deathwatch could work well (at least until their Codex arrives).

Just trying to help.

I have been a BA player since agngels of death mate.

I'm at work atm but just recalled priests being moved, god i miss them as elites. :(

I do find Drop Podding Sisters Cheesy but the issue I have is not that, its just that we must dilute our force in order to drop pod it.

I don't really like having to take marines with sisters too often unless they are templars, taking Flesh Tearers though just seems wrong.

I disagree with the bolded part of the quote. There is no need to dilute our force with Astartes, there is always the option to go unbound. Sure we lose OBSEC, but it isn't like BSS are incredibly touch as it stands. Anything that really wants them gone will be able to move them off that objective. Does that possibly make it more cheesey? I don't think so. I test it and it turns out to be some good Cheddar, I'll reserve it for people that bring their cheese (looking at you wave serpents, partybusses, Ad-lances, etc.).

No, you see this is where types of gamers differ.

You see we are talking about making use of the formation to keep a bound army in place because allot of us can't play unbound in our meta.

I myself play in allot of tournaments so unbound to me is useless as is not allowed, normally in any kind of tournament setting or campaign unbound can not be taken so unless its a daft game at home it holds no interest for me or for many others in the same situation.

Besides I don't go full cheese against anyone who is not also doing the same.

Techmarines and Chaplains got moved to HQ as well. The Techmarine is the cheapest HQ we have.

Ahhh, never paid attention to them, never really had a use for them outside of Iron Hands and static armies, we are too fast for their use in my mind unless they are sat inside a flyer. :P

I've decided to model the Scouts as Frateris Militia. :D

Which means I'll probably end up running a Chaplain.

I really need to get that Blood Angels book soon. Knowing me, it'll probably end with me building a Blood Angels force afterward. :P

taking Flesh Tearers though just seems wrong.

I hear you on the Flesh Tearers, but I think of these detachments as being representative of standard marine tactics named for chapters known for preferring them. I play my BA allies as Lamenters, which makes all kinds more sense to me than any other chapter (outside of Black Templars now, I guess.)

taking Flesh Tearers though just seems wrong.

I hear you on the Flesh Tearers, but I think of these detachments as being representative of standard marine tactics named for chapters known for preferring them. I play my BA allies as Lamenters, which makes all kinds more sense to me than any other chapter (outside of Black Templars now, I guess.)

I could understand wolves as well due to past missions fighting along side.

Either way i have decided that if i ever need to use a chapter tactics for a certain force I'm just going to take deathwatch, its easier to explain and allows me the flexability of not having 40 different chapters outside of the main dex ones.

If taking Flesh Tearers does not seem right, how about ...

Take Imperial Navy drop pods instead. They will of course want to be sure the drop pods work correctly so you will have to include a unit of 5 Imperial Navy servators (that have a striking resemblance to BA scouts) and a naval tech priest that is well trained in combat medicine (and just happens to look a little bit like a sanguinary priest; purely coincidental, I assure you).

If taking Flesh Tearers does not seem right, how about ...

Take Imperial Navy drop pods instead. They will of course want to be sure the drop pods work correctly so you will have to include a unit of 5 Imperial Navy servators (that have a striking resemblance to BA scouts) and a naval tech priest that is well trained in combat medicine (and just happens to look a little bit like a sanguinary priest; purely coincidental, I assure you).

Now thats the kind of thinking i can always get behind.

Personally I was thinking of dolling them up as a warband and attaching an Inquisitor.

Techmarines and Chaplains got moved to HQ as well. The Techmarine is the cheapest HQ we have.

Er? I thought you had to take another non-techmarine, non-command squad HQ choice for each techmarine? I can't speak for the other flavors, but I know that to be true of DA...

~shrug~ I'm not saying that drop podding sisters isn't an appropriate response to other cheese...I'm just saying that drop podding sisters is cheese. Savvy?

I understand your position, and respectfully disagree.

I forgive you msn-wink.gif

I think its a grand idea, and i like the return to the OH strike force! I think it could be thematic enough to treat the flesh tearers as Red Hunters, and you are golden in terms of fluff. Just take a tac squad as your troops and a librarian to be your counts-as inquisitor. Its cheaper than taking six arvus lighters, which is the other way to get sisters to deep strike.

Er? I thought you had to take another non-techmarine, non-command squad HQ choice for each techmarine? I can't speak for the other flavors, but I know that to be true of DA...

There is no such restriction in C:BA.

So I settled on a Sanguinary Priest (hey, it's a priest. :D ), 5 Scouts with Sniper Rifles (just so they don't sit around and do nothing, they can actually hurt random monstrous creatures that would otherwise eat our Melta allotments) and 6 drop pods.

Now to acquire 2 more drop pods. > : D

Unbound shenanigans, yuck :P At least using allies to get a few drop pods has some restrictions (such as the number of pods). And yes, at one time Sisters had pods of their own, but at least these days having them makes for a somewhat cheesy end result. As has been said, quad heavy flamers, quad meltas etc landing all over the place? Ugh. Not to say there aren't equally or more cheesy things out there, because there most certainly are.

Sure takaing multiple detachments has a soft limit on pods, but no real hard limit if the locale you are playing allows more than two detachments. Two separate 105 point taxes opens up 12 pods to you if using the Flesh Tearers Strike Force, though I doubt any reasonably pointed army would ever need that many.

Sure takaing multiple detachments has a soft limit on pods, but no real hard limit if the locale you are playing allows more than two detachments. Two separate 105 point taxes opens up 12 pods to you if using the Flesh Tearers Strike Force, though I doubt any reasonably pointed army would ever need that many.

Most pods I ever use is 9, more than that just hurts the army in my eyes.

Most pods I ever use is 9, more than that just hurts the army in my eyes.

I agree, but if I needed more than six pods, I would take a second flesh tearers detachment in a heartbeat.

Archived