Simplifying the meta

*Furyou Miko

Templates won't come into it if the weapons have different profiles, no way to seperate the saving from the different AP values.

See special rules for Templates > Multiple Templates:

'If a unit is firing more then one shot with the Template type, resolve each shot as described above, recording how many hits are scored by each template.  Once the number of hits from all templates has been determined, roll to wound as normal.'

Heavy Flamers and Flamers are both Templates, thus they are resolved at the same time to ensure maximum coverage.

See, GW get a lot of flak for their rules writing, but they saw that little issue ahead of time.

Under wounding and rolling to hit they say to do each weapon type one by one, I agree this would over rule that and makes sense but Never looked for that one after the first seemed to answer it and no rule book to hand atm.

The question is though if they are different ap values how do we now split them, they are meant to be resoved in order, do we just set them asid after resolving them all in to ap values and go through each type one by one or?...

I knows its ap 4 and 5 but one some models this does make a difference.

With different strengths and AP values, splitting up the wounds is no different then rolling to hit with bolters when there's also a priest in the unit.  It has to be rolled separately because the Ballistic Skill is lower.

My personal method is to count up all the normal flamer hits first, grab a bunch of dice, then count up the heavy flamer hits and grab the dice for that in a separate pile.  Roll each pile separately and apply the effects as needed.  Active player's choice (ie: shooter's) as to what order to resolve saves in, though most of the time they will be using the same save value anyway.

Archived