Ideas for modelling an Avenger

as scatmandoo already said it's fairly easy to do with a valkyrie kit. In fact, most of the time was just spend looking for which bit goes where. once you've got a prototype to base yourself on it's quite easy. Note that this model was made by only using bits from the valkyrie kit.

here's a link to how i build her, but with some pictures forgotten since i got all caught up in buiding her instead of taking pictures at every step:

http://commissar.proboards.com/thread/17647/raver-pattern-thunderbolt

What kind of tips do you have for modelling an avenger?

Like this... Ta-Da!

http://www.shop.battlefield-berlin.de/img_big/b375ddada3dd386b3cb1d41dc4e0975d.jpg

One Avenger. :P

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/GAU8.jpg

Why settle for a model?  One GAU-8 Avenger!  (GW: whiney snot-nosed brats when it comes to their own intellectual property, but more than willing to rip off the A-10, and name their "original idea" after the gun on the plane they copied...)

That thunderbolt/avenger build from the valkyrie kit is awesome. I'm going to steal that if you don't mind. I'll tweak it a little for my own tastes, but for the most part it looks like that will fit the bill perfectly. Now to get another valkyrie kit...

I de-orkified a Blitza-Bommer the week they came out. Greenstuffed the orky panels, Sentinel pilot as crew, lascannon and autocannon in the wing roots, LR Crusader assault cannon in outer wing roots as counts-as Avenger bolt cannon, Korean War paint scheme...still haven't finished it....the principle is sound tho'! tongue.png

That thunderbolt/avenger build from the valkyrie kit is awesome. I'm going to steal that if you don't mind. I'll tweak it a little for my own tastes, but for the most part it looks like that will fit the bill perfectly. Now to get another valkyrie kit...

steal away! i based my version one someones conversion too. the more wellspread this conversion becomes, the better! ;) do post pictures when you're done though! ;)

I de-orkified a Blitza-Bommer the week they came out. Greenstuffed the orky panels, Sentinel pilot as crew, lascannon and autocannon in the wing roots, LR Crusader assault cannon in outer wing roots as counts-as Avenger bolt cannon, Korean War paint scheme...still haven't finished it....the principle is sound tho'! tongue.png

I like this too I might steal that one as well, hope you don't mind...

steal away! i based my version one someones conversion too. the more wellspread this conversion becomes, the better! msn-wink.gif do post pictures when you're done though! msn-wink.gif

I always thought the Ork flier looked like a MIG-17/F-86 had an ugly baby... But that would be perfect for an imperial navy flier conversion.

I'll do my best. I'm probably going to start with the Avenger/thunderbolt valkyrie kit first. Since I have some experience building that kit. I probably won't attempt the ork bommer kit until I've built a couple ( have orks that need building, and they need to be increased, so I can do 2000 pts). 

Archived