Skitarii in 40k?

So from what I know, Skitarii are part of the Admech, and if you've kept up with recent releases, are now in 40k, with some pretty interesting models.

Now, I know they're getting some rules or already have them, but how will the mechanicus be used in 40k. Will they be used along side knights? or will they end up being like the Inquisition, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, or Militarum Tempestus, and be more useful as allies?

yup, can see there uses already, kind of like the no thrills 10 man squads of rangers/vanguard TBH, but I can see a few 5 man vanguard units with 2 sniper rifles being quite cost effective.

shame the ironstriders points per pounds ratio is so high £30 for a 55pt model is just too high

Yeah, the walkers are out of bounds for me for that reason but the infantry are not only really nice models but their rules look pretty good. A small allied contingent is my plan but it might be a question of more how much I can resist getting more! Perhaps the question for you pompey is if you'll be trading red for blue on your Skitarii, surely a far better colour we can all agree ;)

My loyalties are splitting. While I will always play SW, I can see myself building an AdMech force, if they have plenty robots and tanks (I'm not the infantry type). They make the perfect stand-ins for my Rogue Trader with AdMech support army project, for which I have been searching for models for quite some time now.

If Skitarii and AdMech are indeed separate, I do hope they will be release in rapid succession. I want to play that damn army :D

I like tanks and robots. Maybe I'll put some admech forces as allies for my IG. The Skitarii rangers and vanguard look to be really good, being relentless with MTC would be amazing, rapid firing and then charging is very good. I wish I knew what the weapons did, but the statline of the infantry is just like Veterans or scions, but with better leadership. The walkers look interesting again though I wish I knew what the weapons do. 

I'm really into this idea of a combined imperial army.

My Guard (using Elysian rules for my infantry combined with some Steel Legion for armor and weapons squads) would be the Skaerls for my Space Wolves, Sisters of Battle would be the shieldmaidens, I will have WolfSworn Knights, Grey knights will be my Rune Priests and their bodyguard, while I'll use my Dark Angels (or their rules) for my Hounds (Persecuting traitors), and then the Mechanicus forces to be the caretakers of the relics, and defenders of the reliquary.

Archived