Soooo... Those New Skitarii in AM / MT Pics Page 2

captain sox

From what I can tell you get one of each ranged special weapon and then a power maul, power sword and something that looks like a cattle prod. You get pieces to make the rangers or vanguard squad.

The instruction booklet provides the names so you get 1 each arc rifle, plasma caliver, transuranic arquebus and the pistol version of the arc and plasma weapons. For the rank and file you get the radium carbine for the vanguard and galvanic rifles for the rangers. You also get parts for the omnispex and enhanced data tether.

If you want, I can take pictures of the sprue. Just let me know.

Don't they have the sprue pics on the GW website?

In either case, with 1 special weapon per box this seems like the sort of release that really wants you to get at least 3 boxes (since that'll give you max weapons for each 10 man unit).

I got my box of Skitarii, and now I have some questions in regards to the Psykers we have available to us. What is most the most commonly used one? Tech Priests? How about Primaris? Do people run Wyrdvane Psykers? If so, does each Psyker in the squad get to use an ability, or is it just 1 for the group?

Let me know your thoughts. Also, if you have any conversions, post 'em. I'm going to be hacking and bashing kits soon!

ooooops!

My bad Warrior. I didn't mean to include the Techpriests  in the Psyker category. I was looking more for info on what units people use and where they would use them. Do people use Techpriests at all? Fixed original post.

Yes, they're cool models and help keep tank heavy lists ticking over. Couple of servitors to aid in repairs (and catch bullets) helps, but obviously there's not as much use in taking them with a list that doesn't have a fair chunk of points dedicated to sitting back/not moving much and lobbing death from afar.

Here's what I've come up with so far...

Astropath (Though he's more likely to become my Master of Ordnance):

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/IMG_20150407_160836_zps2sdjfgeh.jpg http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/IMG_20150407_160841_zpsrxfnarv0.jpg

Primaris Psyker:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/IMG_20150407_161107_zpsju5zirm7.jpg

and then 3 Techpriest with "Autoguns":

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/IMG_20150407_171954_zps0jtrtwrp.jpg

Was hoping for a little more variety in the weapons, but I think overall it served it's purpose. I'll see what I can do with the leftover bits and bobs with the Skitarii and my Scions... Sadly there really were'nt any staffs or rods in the Skitarii box. So I had to make do with what was there. Nice models though. 

thoughts? Do you have any conversions?

I wonder if the Skitarii's torsos are a separate bit from the legs?  If so, you could mix and match them with Cadian/Catachan torsos/legs for a sweet custom tech-IG army.

The Skitarii torsos won't fit on the Cadian or Scion legs at all.... which is too bad. I tried a few of each torso on various legs, and nothing really worked. Lots of trimming, filing and in the end, the legs looked like deformed sticks. 

Maybe others have had better luck?

Sox, to make those rifles look more like autoguns could you cut off the canisters from the magazine-position and replace them with either some Bolter magazines or belts of bolt shells (from CSM bolters or IG heavy bolters)?

Also, if they're not meant to actually be AdMech then I'd shave off the skull-cogs from their chests. Either replace them with etched brass Aquilas or leave them a flat area for a number or other decal.

Archived